Windows 10: What are the names of files and programs I can delete

Discus and support What are the names of files and programs I can delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My recovery drive is full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lola2u 1212, Mar 10, 2020.

1. What are the names of files and programs I can delete

My recovery drive is full

:)

Lola2u 1212, Mar 10, 2020
  2. KBD
    KBD Win User

Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

3. DCnewbie Win User
    How do I delete registry files?

Does it matter if I deleted programs at:
    Go to Hkey_Current User> Software intead of "Local Machine"?

Also, where can I check if programs listed there are legitimate? Isn't there a website to check the names of programs or applications?

DCnewbie, Mar 10, 2020
  4. DCnewbie Win User

What are the names of files and programs I can delete

How do I delete registry files?

I have some programs which I deleted from "Add/Remove Programs" and I want to make sure they are deleted... where do I go to delete these files in my registry?

Also, I know there is a website where you can type in the name of programs running in the registry files to check if they are legitimate... where can I check my programs?

Thanks for any help!
    DC

DCnewbie, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

What are the names of files and programs I can delete

1. What are the names of files and programs I can delete - Similar Threads - are names files

2. I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?: I have two program files: Programs and Programs X86 that appear to have duplicate files. Can I delete one of the duplicates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-duplicate-files-in-program-and-program-x86/cd70420d-7f3c-42b3-8abb-5c13b124b452
  3. Can I delete an un-named volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete an un-named volume?: Hi,I have a 1TB SSD installed in my laptop, running Windows 11 and after installing some software, my C-drive is almost full. I opened Disk Management and saw that there is an un-named 37.22GB volume but unfortunately, I haven't found any way to see if it contains any...
  4. Can I delete an un-named volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete an un-named volume?: Hi,I have a 1TB SSD installed in my laptop, running Windows 11 and after installing some software, my C-drive is almost full. I opened Disk Management and saw that there is an un-named 37.22GB volume but unfortunately, I haven't found any way to see if it contains any...
  5. What are console files and can I delete them? Thanks!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What are console files and can I delete them? Thanks!: I just really need to clean up my computer because it's gotten so slow lately. It's only 2 years old. I have good internet speed and I don't have many programs, don't play any video games, and am hardly even on this computer unless I am working. I've been working on...
  6. what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...: Hello. I am a new windows user. Right now I am thinking of freeing some space from my local disk. But not sure which folders should I delete. That's why I am asking you guys. I am repeating my question again. What happens if I delete the "Program files x86", "program files"...
  7. Is there a program to change file names?

Is there a program to change file names?: Hello, i have a large list of files (pictures and videos) with ":" in the file names. Unfortunately Windows doesn't want this, is there a linux program that can help here or do I have to do it by hand? Gibt es ein Programm zum ändern von Dateinamen?
  8. What is Program Files>WindowsApps>Deleted for? Can I get rid of it?

What is Program Files>WindowsApps>Deleted for? Can I get rid of it?: [ATTACH] I have limited drive space on my work laptop and I want to get rid of this or at least reduce its size. How can I accomplish this? As much as I would like to buy a larger drive, that is not really an option at the moment....
  9. Black names of files and programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black names of files and programs: Hello, I accidentally pressed most of the buttons on the left side of my keyboard. Now every time i mouse over a program or a file (basically anything on my desktop with a name) turns black and blurry except for the recycle bin. Any help is appreciated. Edit: I mean that the...
  10. What programs can I delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What programs can I delete: I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop P855-S5200. I want to get rid of any programs I can. I want to keep the OS and office and get rid of everything else but I know there are probably things I should keep. I just don't know what. I have attached some screen shots. If possible...