Windows 10: What are the odds of "Sun Valley" gaining a brand name change?

Discus and support What are the odds of "Sun Valley" gaining a brand name change? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; +We have been stuck with the "Windows 10" moniker for the past 6 years, and now, in 2021, the platform is about to get a major UI revamp. With rounded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ScurisWorks2020, Jan 18, 2021.

1. What are the odds of "Sun Valley" gaining a brand name change?

+We have been stuck with the "Windows 10" moniker for the past 6 years, and now, in 2021, the platform is about to get a major UI revamp. With rounded corners for the entire GUI on the horizon, as well as other changes which we don't know about yet (possibly internal structural changes too)...

Microsoft is calling this project "Windows 10++" and "Sun Valley".

What are the chances they are finally going to name the OS something else, in light of the huge amount of visible changes?

Maybe "Windows 10.1", "Windows 11" or heck, even "Windows Sun Valley".

- - - Updated - - -

In fact that is why I didn't put a OS version number in my system specs, I don't know what the final product will end up being called.

:)

ScurisWorks2020, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 18, 2021
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

What are the odds of "Sun Valley" gaining a brand name change?

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile What are the odds of "Sun Valley" gaining a brand name change? :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

What are the odds of "Sun Valley" gaining a brand name change?

1. What are the odds of "Sun Valley" gaining a brand name change? - Similar Threads - are odds &quot

2. "Sun Valley" - Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Sun Valley" - Windows 11?: Well, pretty much everyone who watched Satya Nadella's keynote and has been reading the tech news now knows he made a rather big tease: "The next generation of Windows"... Last time this was said was in 2014, back when Win10 was about to replace Win8. Also, he said things...
  3. Gaze Across Sun Valley

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gaze Across Sun Valley: Here are a couple of suggestions of and peeks at what is coming to Windows 10 in 2021. Sun Valley is built on top of Fluent Design. Can, already, see hints of it in various places, in some apps, too. Insiders are noticing more & more of it as time passes. Some may show in...
  4. Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10

Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10: This problem has been reported many times with previous versions of Windows - and the fix has always been to change the keyboard from US International to US Standard. Brief description of the problem for those not familiar: Pressing a quote - or double quote - does not...
  5. "App & browser control" is Off warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "App & browser control" is Off warning: Yesterday I upgraded to v2004 on both my desktop PC and my DELL laptop. In both cases things seemed to go well but I now see a "Windows Security" warning that was not there in the previous version v1909. See picture: - [img] If it was important I reckon Microsoft should...
  6. How to restore a "false positive" trojan file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restore a "false positive" trojan file?: Hello. I have a file that windows defender sees as a thread, it thinks it is a trojan. It has the file in quarantine, and I have a choise to either Restore or Delete it. I know for sure that the file is NOT a trojan, but I can't get Defender to restore it. I have disabled...
  7. Change taskbar icon colors when using "full" transparency software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change taskbar icon colors when using "full" transparency software?: Hi everyone! I was looking through the forums and couldn't find anything that addressed this specifically. As you can see in the screenshot below I'm on ver 1909 and I use FalconX taskbar. [img] It can be pretty difficult to see the icons when a lighter background is...
  8. Messed with "standby list cleaner", caused some odd system behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed with "standby list cleaner", caused some odd system behavior: So a few weeks back, in the attempt at smoothing out battlefield 5 gameplay, I came across a recommendation to use the program "intelligent standby list cleaner" since the game is poorly optimized with how it parks stuff in memory apparently. I would just click the exe...
  9. Quotes in WIndows 10

Quotes in WIndows 10: The problem: when I hit the quote key nothing happens unless I hit it again, then I get two quotes. If I hit quote once and then a vowel, I get an umlaut. This happens in a bunch of different programs including Word, Thunderbird (email), and R Studio. I read previous...
  10. Cannot deactivate autocorrection quotes --> smart quotes

Cannot deactivate autocorrection quotes --> smart quotes: Hello, How to deactivate autocorrection of quotes --> smart quotes in program "Mail" ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-deactivate-autocorrection-quotes-smart/931c0d84-8a8b-4807-80b9-842b05b8f6eb