Windows 10: What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key?

Discus and support What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, everyone I want to change the permission to deny the registry key such as the picture attached as following. Firstly, I want to add a new user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shiwan0804, Oct 26, 2020.

1. What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key?

Hi, everyone
    I want to change the permission to deny the registry key such as the picture attached as following.
    Firstly, I want to add a new user named as "everyone".
    Secondly, I want to change the permission of everyone to "deny full control".
    I want to use PowerShell to finish aforementioned jobs.
    Could anyone please teach me the PowerShell command codes to finish them?
    Thanks a lot.

What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key? [​IMG]

:)

shiwan0804, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Windows PowerShell instead of Command Window

This issue in the Context Menu usually occurs if changes were made in the registry. May we know if you made any changes in the value of the registry of your device?

Based from the result of the SFC tool, there are some corrupted files found in the system. We suggest that you continue with the troubleshooting steps using the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
      Enter.

Let us know if the steps provided above works for you.

Joan Pin, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

Hi Forum
    I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry:

$path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival"
    Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value "MSPromptEachTime"

The entry works but it doesn't Change the registry key, it creates a new one.
    As a result the Windows Settings aren't changed because the (Standard) Key is still the "leader". I can't Change the this "(Standard)" key. I also tried to write it exactly as described but the I got the same result.
    Any idea?

Thank you very much.

emmapeel6490, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key?

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key?

1. What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key? - Similar Threads - are PowerShell command

2. What's this registry key for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's this registry key for?: All of a sudden, this registry key called Imagination Technologies popped up. I didn't install anything new, so what could this be used for?w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-this-registry-key-for/16240cc4-7048-4c1c-ba52-0cfaf36494e3
  3. Powershell command to change application advance security settings in registry.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command to change application advance security settings in registry.: In order to collect application data in the security audit logs for EventViewer the application permissions in the registry need to be adjusted. I have done this manually and have it working with Azure Sentinel. I need to deploy this across the entire range of assigned...
  4. Could not use bash command in the powershell -Reg.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could not use bash command in the powershell -Reg.: Hi, I would like to install a Perl script-based CIRCOS software for windows 10. But I could not use bash command for installation. I am getting an error when using the command "bash test.modules" Command prompt: 'bash' is not recognized as an internal or external command,...
  5. How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry: Hi, everyone I found the PowerShell command codes could deny full control permission of registry key, but them were imperfect and not met my need. The imperfect PowerShell command codes are as following. $path = "HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard" $Acl = Get-ACL $path...
  6. How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry?: Hi, everyone My main objective is make the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2" more safer and not auto run programs. Secondly, I hoped the PowerShell command codes could batch run them automatically. Protected the...
  7. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  8. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  9. Registry - Could not open key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry - Could not open key: I'm trying to install Autocad and part way through I get a message saying it could not open a Key. I've googled the issue and believe i need to change permissions in registry which i tried to do as shown below but without success. Am i adopting the correct approach and what...
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838