Windows 10: What are the pros and cons of Windows 10 Pro N when compared to Pro?

Discus and support What are the pros and cons of Windows 10 Pro N when compared to Pro? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't really decide between the two of them. I'm from Europe, btw. From what I've read, I won't have these TV and Movies and Groovy Music apps of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DannyHicks, Oct 29, 2019.

1. What are the pros and cons of Windows 10 Pro N when compared to Pro?

I can't really decide between the two of them. I'm from Europe, btw.

From what I've read, I won't have these TV and Movies and Groovy Music apps of Windows which I don't use anyway. I prefer to use my own media tools.

Does it also make differences privacy-wise?

submitted by /u/DannyHicks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DannyHicks, Oct 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro!

The odd thing is that last night I downloaded the Office Windows 10 Pro Multiple Versions and when I try to install it, it only give me the option to install "Windows Home"!

It's currently running Windows Pro N, why would it want me to install Home!

I truly only care about the Background option while I am in "Themes."

This feature is not present in Pro N, but it is on my desktop in Pro.

So, I will try what @Andre suggests and download the Media Feature Pack.

Thank you very kindly for your replies.

Polo Hyperion, Oct 29, 2019
  3. OEM Pros/Cons

I wanted to know what people thought of the OEMs they had to deal with mostly in regards to the following subjects:
    • Customer Service
    • Warranty Repair
    • Non-Warranty Repair
    • Driver Support
    • Customizing the Computer for Specific Needs
    • Bloatedness of new Computers
    • Inflated Price
    • Sign-Me-Ups
    • Technical Support
    • Freebies (Software on Disks--Stuff that is preinstalled goes under Bloatness)
    Fanboyism is not permitted here. Try to be focused on points that are good and bad.

I'll start with a few...
    Dell
    Pros
    • Drivers were available when needed.
    • System Restore disks (when provided) appear to be relatively clean.
    Cons
    • Driver disks include multiple hardware configurations so you don't know exactly which drivers are needed.
    • The driver disk uses a web format which means all the shortfalls of a website (have to "save as..." everything).
    • Some of their case designs are ridiculous (folding this way and that way).
    HP
    Cons
    • Seven disks to reinstall Windows XP--bloated to the heavens.
    Toshiba
    Pros
    • Customer Service speaks English.
    • Customer Service tried their best to remedy my issues.
    Cons
    • No drivers available for my specific model (web or otherwise).
    • Customized model shipped over a week after purchase directly from China. I got the bag long before I got the laptop.
    • No disks, what-so-ever, included with laptop purchase.
    • Technical Support would not lift a finger to get me a disk that "I could install Windows Vista Ultimate from after erasing the entire hard drive with DoD 5220.22 M compliant method."
    • Over 80 running processes on first boot (and this was a business-class computer)--bloated with no erase means to get rid of it.

Lenovo
    Pros
    • Solid construction.
    • Lots of features.
    Cons
    • Six or seven disks to reinstall windows from scratch--bloated.
    • Some included software (backup or something) caused the OS to be irreversibly damaged. One tech spent three hours to clean up some of the mess. I spent another four hours erasing, installing, and deleting everything that may have originally caused the problem (Lenovo software).
    • Warranty extensions are extremely expensive.
    • Generally more expensive than most.

Systemax
    Pros
    • All systems include at least one disk: System Restore (basically a Windows disk--no extras).
    • Most systems include an additional disk: Applications & Driver (is what it says).
    • Solid construction.
    • Most parts included in machines you could buy from Tiger Direct (obviously not the case with laptops).
    • Customer Service and Tech Support speak English.
    • Customer Service is very helpful.
    • Every time I contacted Tech Support, I recieved a favorable outcome.
    • Machine-specific bundled software (very limited). For instance, a computer with a TV Tuner may come with Cyberlink software to run record and watch TV.
    • Sent CDs via phone request for software that came pre-installed (lost after erase).
    Cons
    • Limited selection of products and very few places to buy them from.
    • Generally more expensive than the competition.
    • Technology-wise, tends to be slightly behind the curve.
    • Techsupport is quick to have you send it in and don't seem to be a wealth of knowledge.
    • Service turn-around times are long (over a week).

Add to the list. This is a buyer-beware service. XD

FordGT90Concept, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Ed Reddy Win User

What are the pros and cons of Windows 10 Pro N when compared to Pro?

Win10 Pro N to Win10 Pro

Found out the hard way that my install of Windows Pro N is not VR capable (even though the Windows VR readiness tool gave no warning flags about my N install - that's for another day).

I have a question on how I can now change my Windows 10 Pro N into simple Windows 10 Pro. I have 5 Windows 10 Pro licenses (2 Pro N, 3 Pro all updated from Windows 7). I was going to make a ISO from my Windows Pro 10 machines (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate).
    So, how exactly do I do this? Create a ISO from my Win10Pro machine, start the install on my N, and put in my 7 Ultimate license key?

Ed

Ed Reddy, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

What are the pros and cons of Windows 10 Pro N when compared to Pro?

1. What are the pros and cons of Windows 10 Pro N when compared to Pro? - Similar Threads - are pros cons

2. Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro: I want from Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro but I don't know how, Does anyone know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-n-to-windows-10-pro/b8293a60-3a5d-498a-9c24-70428e31c872
  3. Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro: I want from Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro but I don't know how, Does anyone know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-n-to-windows-10-pro/b8293a60-3a5d-498a-9c24-70428e31c872
  4. Windows 10 pro n to WIndows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 pro N to Windows 10 pro

Windows 10 pro N to Windows 10 pro: I just got my laptop repaired recently after a hard drive issue. I had windows 10 pro installed on my laptop but the technician from which I got my laptop repaired installed a very early edition of windows 10 pro N. I want to know if I can go back to the normal windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro: I have an activation key for windows 10 Pro but I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro N, I know it is probably simple and I am just dumb but can someone walk me through the steps of going from Pro N to Pro....
  7. Windows 10 pro N

Windows 10 pro N: I tried to install win 10 pro n on my pc with win 10 pro activation key but it can't be use, why ? 135565
  8. Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro: Hey, I have a license for Windows 7 Professional and while downloading the ISO image from tech bench, I have chosen "Windows 10 Pro N". So now after the install, I found out my license isn't accepted for the N version, they seem to be very picky about this single letter...
  9. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro N

Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro N: I already installed and activated my copy of Windows 10 Pro. Is it to late to install Windows 10 Pro N? 10505
  10. Windows as a Service: The pros and cons

in Windows 10 News
    Windows as a Service: The pros and cons: The most important announcement at Microsoft's Windows 10 demo in Redmond the other day wasn't Windows 10 or Cortana, or even holograms. It was these four words: Windows as a Service. Windows as a Service has been on the cards for some time. The idea is that Windows will...