Windows 10: What are the quickest chkdsk options

Discus and support What are the quickest chkdsk options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What are the quickest options that I can use with chkdsk? And the most effective one to recover a faulty external HDD. I accidently steped over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ricardobohner, Jul 20, 2021.

1. What are the quickest chkdsk options

What are the quickest options that I can use with chkdsk? And the most effective one to recover a faulty external HDD. I accidently steped over the energy cable of my external HDD. If fell upside down on the flor and wasn't accesible at all. I already tried this: [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]chkdsk G: /offlinescanandfix It took around 3 hours and I was able to access the HD again but it got very slow. The HD has 3 TB and I know that the chkdsk /r /f options take a very long time... Thanks in advance.[/COLOR]

:)

ricardobohner, Jul 20, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Jul 20, 2021
  4. What are the quickest chkdsk options

how do i run chkdsk fix under administrator in win 10

please list steps to run chkdsk fix in win 10 as administrator

SabrinaWatkins1, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

What are the quickest chkdsk options

1. What are the quickest chkdsk options - Similar Threads - are quickest chkdsk

2. chkdsk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk: I needed to run chkdsk on my boot hard drive, so I started cmd.exe elevated administrator, then entered the command chkdsk c: /f /r now windows prompt me, to do this on the next restart — I reply Y now I restart the system Once started I logged in then opened the event log...
  3. What are the quickest chkdsk options

in Windows 10 Support
    What are the quickest chkdsk options: What are the quickest options that I can use with chkdsk? And the most effective one to recover a faulty external HDD. I accidently steped over the energy cable of my external HDD. If fell upside down on the flor and wasn't accesible at all. I already tried this: chkdsk G:...
  4. Best/Quickest method of transferring files.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best/Quickest method of transferring files.: Good afternoon, My Brother-In-Law has several external HDD's which he wants to organise. He wants to copy folders, and sub-folders from one location [F: for example] to another location [G: for example]. Would it be quicker to do this using the CMD prompt in Safe Mode...
  5. chkdsk

in Windows 10 Customization
    chkdsk: I am trying to run chkdsk from command prompt and am getting an error message that Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected. What do I do next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk/11b1c9ce-4ce2-4010-bd18-866100907cb7
  6. What's the Significance of These CHKDSK Errors?

What's the Significance of These CHKDSK Errors?: I had a BSOD on shutting down my desktop PC yesterday and the PC hung when trying to reboot. The PC booted OK when I powered it off and restarted. There was no error dump file produced. I ran chkdsk c: /f to check my SSD system drive which detected and corrected errors in the...
  7. What's the Significance of These CHKDSK Errors?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's the Significance of These CHKDSK Errors?: I had a BSOD on shutting down my desktop PC yesterday and the PC hung when trying to reboot. The PC booted OK when I powered it off and restarted. There was no error dump file produced. I ran chkdsk c: /f to check my SSD system drive which detected and corrected errors in the...
  8. Quickest connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quickest connection: Hello Microsoft community Help me , please How can I combine two resources (WiFi connection and Ethernet LAN ) of internet contact to make it fast quicker in windows 10 ?? Thank you all ......
  9. Simplest & quickest video conferencing option ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simplest & quickest video conferencing option ?: Really struggling to find something to replace the original excellent Skype now that Microsoft has gone and messed it all up with non stop crashes and so on. I've tried a few but none of them are as simple and straightforward as the old Skype used to be, so any suggestions...
  10. What is chkdsk trying to tell me?

What is chkdsk trying to tell me?: A few months after migrating to Win10, and after applying the Anniversary edition update, I had been experiencing issues of PC hung applying other Windows updates (several updates got to restart stage but would stay 8+ hrs overnight in blue limbo), error messages from my...