Windows 10: What are the system requirements to use Windows Hello?

Discus and support What are the system requirements to use Windows Hello? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have seen variations of this question, but never the actual question. Moreover, I have not seen a single "helpful" reply out of well over a thousand... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by michaeljcarroll, Nov 25, 2018.

1. What are the system requirements to use Windows Hello?

I have seen variations of this question, but never the actual question. Moreover, I have not seen a single "helpful" reply out of well over a thousand responses.

I have a computer with Windows 10 Pro. It is up-to-date and it has a build-in high-def working camera that it accesses without any problems.

But when I go to set up sign-in options, I get the message that Windows Hello is not available on this computer. Instead I get the absolutely 100% useless option of seeing "compatible" devices, which is essentially MS' attempt at self-promotion.

I want to know specifically what about my device is preventing me from utilizing Windows Hello. And to do that, I need to know the system requirements. This applies to 4 different computers, with the same issue.

:)

michaeljcarroll, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 25, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 25, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

What are the system requirements to use Windows Hello?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What are the system requirements to use Windows Hello? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

What are the system requirements to use Windows Hello?

1. What are the system requirements to use Windows Hello? - Similar Threads - are system requirements

2. Require Windows Hello sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require Windows Hello sign-in: the toggle for Require Windows Hello sign-in is already turned off but the remove option of the Windows Hello PIN is still greyed out. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-windows-hello-sign-in/6279fa62-575a-4a95-a274-844f3d16c80b
  3. What are the requirements to use Windows Hello for Business with Azure Files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the requirements to use Windows Hello for Business with Azure Files?: Hello everyone,We want to move all our data and infrastructure from on-prem to Azure Files, but I need to make sure that Windows Hello for Business works flawlessly with Azure Files. I can't find ressources about the integration between these two technologies and the...
  4. What are the requirements to use Windows Hello for Business with Azure Files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the requirements to use Windows Hello for Business with Azure Files?: Hello everyone,We want to move all our data and infrastructure from on-prem to Azure Files, but I need to make sure that Windows Hello for Business works flawlessly with Azure Files. I can't find ressources about the integration between these two technologies and the...
  5. what is minimum system requirement and recommended requirement of outlook and excel in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is minimum system requirement and recommended requirement of outlook and excel in...: Hello Team,I need your help!.May i know that what is minimum system requirement and recommended requirement of outlook and excel in windows 11 & windows 10 systems?.Thanks & Regards,Mahendran....
  6. what is minimum system requirement and recommended requirement of outlook and excel in...

what is minimum system requirement and recommended requirement of outlook and excel in...: Hello Team,I need your help!.May i know that what is minimum system requirement and recommended requirement of outlook and excel in windows 11 & windows 10 systems?.Thanks & Regards,Mahendran....
  7. what are the system specifications required for the Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what are the system specifications required for the Windows 11: Hello, I have Dell inspiron 14 3000 with intel I3 10th generation ,what are the system specifications required for the Windows 11 to install....
  8. what are the system specifications required for the Windows 11

what are the system specifications required for the Windows 11: Hello, I have Dell inspiron 14 3000 with intel I3 10th generation ,what are the system specifications required for the Windows 11 to install....
  9. What is the recommended system requirement for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the recommended system requirement for windows 10?: Hello Viewers. I want to ask a question. I want to know the exact/real system requirements for windows 10? Because I think that the system requirements that Microsoft has given I think are not correct. Can anyone tell me the exact/real system requirement for windows 10?...
  10. Require Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require Windows Hello: I wanted to require ise of biometric tools for sign in to My computer. I went ino the Group Policy to enable “Require Windows Hello” for sign in. I previously had not configured Windows Hello. After i enabled “Require Windows Hello for login” i receved a message that i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system requirements for Windows hello.

2. hardware requirements for windows hello