Windows 10: What are the virtues of getting a 1080 Ti Desktop over buying a PS4 ?

Discus and support What are the virtues of getting a 1080 Ti Desktop over buying a PS4 ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; so i am into gaming and then a couple of years ago i went for a laptop that had an nvidia 840m chip which wasnt so bad since it came with dedicated 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 28, 2019.

1. What are the virtues of getting a 1080 Ti Desktop over buying a PS4 ?

so i am into gaming and then a couple of years ago i went for a laptop that had an nvidia 840m chip which wasnt so bad since it came with dedicated 4 gigs of ram , but then it started struggling with new titles that 1 year and a half ago i got myself another that has 1050 Ti card which to my surprise had minimal improvement despite being 2 generations ahead , i started investigating then everybody started mentioning that if i just want to keep up with games i have to have either a 1080 Ti or better a 2080 Ti desktop , now those had been around 1.5k $ a year ago and now they are ranging 0.8k to 1.2k $ , through out this whole period my brother had a PS4 that was like 400 $ and it kept him happily playing all titles 1080p for same entire period where he is now considering upgrading to the 4K version which wouldn't cost him a fraction of what i am paying , it now makes me wonder , why do we have to pay so much to get not even close to a PS4 performance ? but surely i am missing something else nvidia wouldn't be pricing just a graphic card at such price mind you the rest of the rig without a virtue i am surely missing somewhere , right ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Mystere Win User

1080 ti is being recognised as a 960.

Why would MSI put a card in that they don't even make anymore? Where would they even get it? Certainly not from their assembly line.

Are you sure you didn't buy an open-box? Someone might have "returned" a 1080 Ti with a 960 in the box, and the staff didn't notice.

Mystere, Feb 28, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme 11 GB

Sounds about right to me. Buy a GTX 1080 Ti, try it. You'll be amazed

W1zzard, Feb 28, 2019
  4. xlook Win User

What are the virtues of getting a 1080 Ti Desktop over buying a PS4 ?

Will this Mobo Support an Nvidia 1080?

Hi bobkn. Appreciate the reply. Just to let you know, I don't I plan on OCing. IMy PC Parts List is linked below for your reference as to the gaming desktop I want to build.

Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Lighter Rig w/ New MSI Mobo - s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

Now, I need to know if I could substitute the i5 6500 with an i5 that's lower priced but future proof for gaming. Let me know your suggestion.

And here's a link to a 27 inch monitor I want to get. Its 8ms, which I hope is good enough for gamimg. I particularly like it because its semi glossy and I love glossy monitors. Let me know what you think or if you have other suggestions on buying another monitor.

https://www.amazon.com/Discontinued-.../dp/B00TQQN4WU

xlook, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

What are the virtues of getting a 1080 Ti Desktop over buying a PS4 ?

1. What are the virtues of getting a 1080 Ti Desktop over buying a PS4 ? - Similar Threads - are virtues getting

2. GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070: My current system is dual AMD Radeon RX 580s in crossfire in a Ryzen 7 2700X system and I want to upgrade graphics card. It looks like my budget cutoff is at the GTX 1080 Ti to the RTX 2070 super. I ordered the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING 11GB which was about $70...
  3. AMD video card that is equivalent to a 4GB Geforce GTX 1080 ti?

AMD video card that is equivalent to a 4GB Geforce GTX 1080 ti?: Title says it all. I was thinking about a Radeon RX 570, is it better or worse? I need something equivalent or a little bit better. Any ideas?
  4. Is EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition GAMING worth it? or get another model?

Is EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition GAMING worth it? or get another model?: I currently found a person willing to sell me an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Black Edition for $400. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. However I was wondering if it was worthwhile spending an extra $80 to $100 for a different model or not? I know the FTW3 is one of the top tier...
  5. Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy

Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy: Hi all. I think I've decided on an upgrade to my GPU. At least, I've decided on the model. But there are so many versions that my head spins. I'm looking at these below. Can someone explain to me what's so different about them, or if any are better than the others? Also, how...
  6. Desktop computer display shows 1080 ti on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop computer display shows 1080 ti on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.: So my SSD recently shorted out and I had to get it replaced. After I got the replacement the display on my computer was only showing 1080 ti instead of 1080p. It also switches to 1080p when I'm in a game but switches back to 1080 ti when on my desktop. I have no idea what...
  7. What to buy

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What to buy: I had my desktop crash and have to reinstall Windows 10. I took the free upgrade from Windows 7 and I can not find the license for the operating system. Now I have to purchase Windows 10 but what should I purchase Windows10 home or pro?...
  8. cant get 1080 resolution

cant get 1080 resolution: after upgrading to windows 10, I cant get max resolution on my satellite p55-A5312. there is no option after 1366 x 768. I have installed the latest drivers from Toshiba site and also via windows update. but still cant get hd reolution. any help would be appreciated. thank...
  9. 1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner

1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner: Would anyone out there know why Afterburner labels the top card in my SLI setup as GPU #2, when clearly the top card is doing the work ? In any game that does not use SLI or in this shot of GPU`z the heat all comes out from the top card like it should, it`s just that AB...
  10. 1080 ti is being recognised as a 960.

1080 ti is being recognised as a 960.: OK, so yesterday I got an MSI 1080 ti to replace my 660 ti. After plugging it in and reinstalling the nVidia graphics drivers, I realised that it saying it is a 960. I have no idea where to start with this. CPU: Intel i5 4670k MoBo: ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 RAM: 8GB...