Windows 10: What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons?

Discus and support What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have noticed an icon with 2 small blue overlays, then know that it has been placed there by the Windows OS to indicate that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 13, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons?

WinClub, Jan 13, 2019
  2. mawcsco Win User

What is this double blue arrow icon overlay?

This is a duplicate of Two blue arrows at top right of icons.

I'm in the process of recovering from a major data-loss disaster. After restoring files from my external hard drive, many of the folders and files have a new (to me) icon overlay on them. The icons appear in Windows Explorer and in the file/folder property dialogs.

The icon overlay shows two blue arrows facing each other.

What do these icon overlays mean?

I am running Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).

What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons? dI8st.png

What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons? 01K2Z.png

mawcsco, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Blue Arrows on folder and file icons

Autoruns or ShellExView should tell you which application is adding that Overlay.

Use the steps
    here

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 13, 2019
  4. kkorotev Win User

New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay?

What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons? [​IMG]

What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons? [​IMG]

BRINK,
    Here is how they look. The unique icons are from me, the double arrow overlay just appeared last night after the upgrade to 10565.
    I tried your reg. edits 1st thing today...to no avail.

kkorotev, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons? - Similar Threads - are small blue

2. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  3. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  4. Blue arrow on icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue arrow on icons: Blue arrow on icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-arrow-on-icons/2daa638c-979f-4cd8-92bd-3b7f886028f5
  5. Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow icon overlays over file and folder icons: [ATTACH] A few days ago I restarted my computer (Windows 10) and these arrow icons are now overlaying all files on my desktop. Files, folders, everything. Any idea how to remove this?...
  6. 2 blue arrows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 blue arrows: [ATTACH] Dear All , I've seen these arrows for a while now , what is that ?,and how can I remove that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-blue-arrows/de374ec0-c4b0-47b1-8407-89a8fd76edfb"
  7. these weird icons keep appearing over the small arrows on my desktop shortcuts (zoom in)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    these weird icons keep appearing over the small arrows on my desktop shortcuts (zoom in): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/smcaskill [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eewi0h/these_weird_icons_keep_appearing_over_the_small/
  8. Small arrows my desktop icons

Small arrows my desktop icons: I recently noticed small arrows on many of the icons on my desktop. Why were they put there and are they a backdoor into my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-arrows-my-desktop-icons/162c88a7-afd4-4f33-ae9d-8f871270d73b
  9. blue arrows on icons

blue arrows on icons: [ATTACH] how to remove his blue arrows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-arrows-on-icons/5b5fc570-dff5-4041-80c0-080ad5c65c4a
  10. Shortcut Overlays appearing on non-shortcut icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Overlays appearing on non-shortcut icons on desktop: Hello, I recently purchased a new Windows 10 laptop, and it has an odd issue which my old Windows 10 machine didn't... All the icons on the desktop (except the Recycle Bin) are showing shortcut overlays (little blue arrows on the lower-left corner of the icon) - whether...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dropbox folder with blue arrows what does it mean

2. arrows on windows icons

3. shorcut with blue arrows

4. windows icons with red arrows,
  5. what are these blue arrows,
  6. 2 arrow overlay in desktop icon.,
  7. Two arrows facing sidewards shows up In all files at desktop