Windows 10: What are these 2 startup entries?

Discus and support What are these 2 startup entries? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have these 2 errenoues entries that appear when I run Autoruns: \Microsoft\Windows\SMB\UninstallSMB1ClientTask File not found: Unrestricted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spartan, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Spartan Win User

What are these 2 startup entries?

I have these 2 errenoues entries that appear when I run Autoruns:

\Microsoft\Windows\SMB\UninstallSMB1ClientTask File not found: Unrestricted
    \Microsoft\Windows\SMB\UninstallSMB1ServerTask File not found: Unrestricted

It's a fresh Windows 10 install. I did enable the:

- SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support
    - Automatic Removal
    - Client

in Programs and features; because I know those are required for network file sharing

I wonder if I should delete those entries or leave them alone:

What are these 2 startup entries? temp.png

:)

Spartan, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Spunky Win User

(Universal) Windows Apps - Startup entry.

No, unfortunately, it wasn't listed there. I have also tried to locate any startup entry with Autoruns but no luck either.

Spunky, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. What are these 2 startup entries? - Similar Threads - are startup entries

2. TaskManager startup entries missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TaskManager startup entries missing: I just noticed that the entries in start up are missing. I ran a command to check what my startup programs are and they are all still registered how I would expect them to be, and they all start up when I reboot my computer, they're just not showing up in Task Manager. I also...
  3. TaskManager startup entries missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TaskManager startup entries missing: I just noticed that the entries in start up are missing. I ran a command to check what my startup programs are and they are all still registered how I would expect them to be, and they all start up when I reboot my computer, they're just not showing up in Task Manager. I also...
  4. TaskManager startup entries missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Entry point not found on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entry point not found on startup: The last couple of days I have been getting these error messages that pop up on startup and then maybe once or twice during my session. They both say that .dll files cannot be found. The error messages are as follows: The first one: Entry Point Not Found The procedure...
  6. Clean Startup entries on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Startup entries on Task Manager: Hello everyone. I hope you all are doing well this days. So, well. My question is, how can I delete some 'void' entries on the Startup tab on the Task Manager. Here's my screen and what I want to delete. I suspect them are two old entries from uninstalled software. [img]...
  7. Startup program without entries

Startup program without entries: Hey, I've installed my gaming mouse software, it does start on boot minimized in the taskbar. I don't like having extra icons there, and this mouse has BIOS features which it save whatever programming being made by the software. So there is no point having that programing...
  8. (Universal) Windows Apps - Startup entry.

(Universal) Windows Apps - Startup entry.: Hello Guys, I have recently installed the Spotify from the windows store. It creates two startup entries as shown below: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. I would like to remove them both from the startup, however I...
  9. How to remove entry's from startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove entry's from startup: Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that are not even on my computer but are still listed in the startup menu as disabled. (I like to keep things looking neat)*Smile...
  10. Uknown Startup entry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Uknown Startup entry: Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! I'm troubled with the following entry in the startup of my Windows 10 Pro x64: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce] "Uninstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstallsmb1clienttask