Windows 10: What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??

Discus and support What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files?? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Does anyone know where these small brown box icons came from and what they mean?? I suddenly have these little brown icons looks like a small file box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoeBrock1, Mar 7, 2022.

1. JoeBrock1 Win User

What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??

Does anyone know where these small brown box icons came from and what they mean?? I suddenly have these little brown icons looks like a small file box on most of my files, Word, pdf, photos, etc. I've googled the daylights out of this and apparently lots of folks have the same question but no one has an answer. I hasn't affected my ability to open files but it's really annoying! see pic below Does it have something to do with my upgrade to Windows 11?Thanks!

:)

JoeBrock1, Mar 7, 2022

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Mar 7, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

@NurdBurd, I've just turned on Magnifier (1607 rtm) to see what you mean. Somewhere on the screen you should also find a 'magnifying glass' icon. Click on it and it will briefly become the control window for Magnifier.

What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files?? [​IMG]

After clicking on the magnifying glass, close it from here:

What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files?? [​IMG]

Bree, Mar 7, 2022
  4. What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??

Icons on Desktopwont move and have a box you can check in upper left corner

When I go to move Icon, it wont move and opens with one click. I can check a box in the upper left corner, that box is on all Icons

ShawnHarmon, Mar 7, 2022
Thema:

What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??

1. What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files?? - Similar Threads - are brown box

2. Does anyone know what is happening with the yellow brown file box icons on the bottom left...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know what is happening with the yellow brown file box icons on the bottom left...: I use Windows 11. Today I noticed on some of my files in file explorer have a yellow brown file box folder in the bottom left corner of the program icon pdf, word, excel and when I try to open one of those files with a double click of the mouse or right click and ask to open...
  3. Does anyone know what is happening with the yellow brown file box icons on the bottom left...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know what is happening with the yellow brown file box icons on the bottom left...: I use Windows 11. Today I noticed on some of my files in file explorer have a yellow brown file box folder in the bottom left corner of the program icon pdf, word, excel and when I try to open one of those files with a double click of the mouse or right click and ask to open...
  4. How to fix Brown File Box icons on bottom left corner of my files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Brown File Box icons on bottom left corner of my files?: This issue started happening recently and now I cannot open up documents that show that little file box in the corner I tried multiple fixes such as refreshing one drive or logging out and back in again I even did a full reset of my system but nothing seems to remove them. I...
  5. How to fix Brown File Box icons on bottom left corner of my files?

How to fix Brown File Box icons on bottom left corner of my files?: This issue started happening recently and now I cannot open up documents that show that little file box in the corner I tried multiple fixes such as refreshing one drive or logging out and back in again I even did a full reset of my system but nothing seems to remove them. I...
  6. Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open...: Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open the files. Why has this occurred and how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brown-box-in-bottom-left-corner-of-my-pdf-excel/8e593906-1efc-4351-979b-6a1abe74c818
  7. Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open...

Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open...: Brown box in bottom left corner of my PDF, excel and word documents and can no longer open the files. Why has this occurred and how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brown-box-in-bottom-left-corner-of-my-pdf-excel/8e593906-1efc-4351-979b-6a1abe74c818
  8. What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??

What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??: Does anyone know where these small brown box icons came from and what they mean?? I suddenly have these little brown icons looks like a small file box on most of my files, Word, pdf, photos, etc. I've googled the daylights out of this and apparently lots of folks have the...
  9. Weird black box in bottom-left corner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird black box in bottom-left corner: Hello, I'm having a strange issue where there is a black box that covers any apps I use, but not the cursor or start menu, in the bottom left corner. I have a gtx 1080 running the latest drivers (445.87), and windows 10 home updated to the latest version (1909). Any help...
  10. Blue arrows on the bottom left corner of file icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue arrows on the bottom left corner of file icon: I'm wondering what the blue arrows mean on my file icon. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-arrows-on-the-bottom-left-corner-of-file-icon/33a9c073-e1b9-448f-ab34-5fdc825e6c54