Windows 10: what are these checks on my app icons?

Discus and support what are these checks on my app icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Stalinsovietunion [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Stalinsovietunion, May 13, 2024.

1. what are these checks on my app icons?

/u/Stalinsovietunion, May 13, 2024

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 13, 2024
  3. store and photos app isnt showing proper icons

Hello Aditya,

As you are facing issues with accessing Photos app on your device with icons not displayed properly, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there is any update for Photos app from Windows Store. If found, try to update the app and check if it helps.

Open Windows Store, search for Photos app, check if you are able to find Update option.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue. We will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 13, 2024
  4. Rose Cal Win User

what are these checks on my app icons?

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 13, 2024
Thema:

what are these checks on my app icons?

1. what are these checks on my app icons? - Similar Threads - are checks app

2. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  3. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  4. check is user is logged in to Onedrive not by checking icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    check is user is logged in to Onedrive not by checking icon: Looking for something that I can check on a Onedrive business install to see if a staff account is signed in, like a key or event on a workstation that I can they check and maybe raise an alert.The objective is to let staff and support known when Onedrive is not signed in...
  5. what happened to app icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happened to app icons: so recently, two of my apps have lost their icons when on the taskbar. im unsure why. both were previously pinned to my taskbar, but then when i unpinned them, the icons began breakingthis is what the icons look like now:dont ask why notepad is in the image...
  6. what happened to app icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what happened to app icons: so recently, two of my apps have lost their icons when on the taskbar. im unsure why. both were previously pinned to my taskbar, but then when i unpinned them, the icons began breakingthis is what the icons look like now:dont ask why notepad is in the image...
  7. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: What happened to my icons? About a dozen disappeared, some new ones were added that don't do anything and they were rearranged. Was there a problem with an update? I don't know how I'm going to rebuild what I had. This is a mess....
  8. What are those white on green check marks which appeared on my icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are those white on green check marks which appeared on my icons ?: What are those white on green check marks which appeared on my icons ? They were not there before. And also grey crosses it seems. Windows 10 Home V1909 (18363.1556) 184150
  9. What is this app/icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this app/icon?: Hi, I don't know how I opened it. Maybe when i pressed some keys it made this launch. The thing is, I actually do not know what it is. Here's a screenshot: [ATTACH] Well, what is it? Is it Cortana in a minimised way? Or is it something else? What is it? Can I know how to...
  10. What is this icon in my startmenu?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What is this icon in my startmenu?: I recently upgraded from version 1909 to 2004 on my laptop and I opened the start menu and saw this. [ATTACH] What is this program and how can I uninstall it? Every time I try to do it the normal way it says it was unable to uninstall. Thanks Matt...