Windows 10: What are these folders and can I delete them?

Discus and support What are these folders and can I delete them? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MisMuNimiOn [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MisMuNimiOn, Jun 23, 2020.

1. What are these folders and can I delete them?

/u/MisMuNimiOn, Jun 23, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused What are these folders and can I delete them? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well What are these folders and can I delete them? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 23, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 23, 2020
  4. What are these folders and can I delete them?

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

What are these folders and can I delete them?

1. What are these folders and can I delete them? - Similar Threads - are folders delete

2. Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?: I have a folder in F/ drive. I want to delete this. Before I had deleted that but the folder come back again. I had formated the F/ Drive but that was not working. What can I do now?...
  3. Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?: I have a folder in F/ drive. I want to delete this. Before I had deleted that but the folder come back again. I had formated the F/ Drive but that was not working. What can I do now?...
  4. Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What are tw tmp folders in System32 folder and Can I delete them?

in Windows 10 News
    What are tw tmp folders in System32 folder and Can I delete them?: [ATTACH]The devices running on Windows operating systems have a folder in the C directory, named System32. It contains the files that are crucial for the functioning of a Windows operating system. You can access the System32 folder in your C drive but you should never delete...
  6. What are console files and can I delete them? Thanks!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What are console files and can I delete them? Thanks!: I just really need to clean up my computer because it's gotten so slow lately. It's only 2 years old. I have good internet speed and I don't have many programs, don't play any video games, and am hardly even on this computer unless I am working. I've been working on...
  7. What are these tmp folders for: is it ok to delete them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are these tmp folders for: is it ok to delete them?: I have multiple tw-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx.tmp folders inC:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local folder.They contain 299 files, 6,295 folders with a size of 34.4 MB. Most of the folders are tmp's such as tw-1b18-21dc-dfb5a.tmp. The ones I have checked have 0 bytes This...
  8. What is this folder? Can i delete it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this folder? Can i delete it?: https://i.imgur.com/klnclim.png https://i.imgur.com/lsuNZhP.png https://i.imgur.com/Gm4PrKc.png https://i.imgur.com/kQiVIk5.png The name of the folder is just a jumble of words and letters submitted by /u/VernabR [link] [comments]...
  9. What are all these drivers and can I delete them? Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are all these drivers and can I delete them? Help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OLA24GLB [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2w0u2/what_are_all_these_drivers_and_can_i_delete_them/
  10. What do C:\RM & C:\SW folders do? Can I delete them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do C:\RM & C:\SW folders do? Can I delete them?: Running an HP Envy Notebook (13) running Windows 10 Home 64-bit and keep running out of hard drive space. Turned off the usual things (like running iCloud Drive), but have folders C:\RM (15GB) and C:\SW (2GB) hogging a lot of space. Is there a way I can safely remove these...