Windows 10: What are these NVidia Fies?

Discus and support What are these NVidia Fies? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; The log files shown below are created in my Program Data folder. If you try to delete the file you get the error shown. What are these file for and why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Steve C, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

What are these NVidia Fies?

The log files shown below are created in my Program Data folder. If you try to delete the file you get the error shown. What are these file for and why are they dumped in the top level Program data folder?

What are these NVidia Fies? [​IMG]

What are these NVidia Fies? [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 15, 2020
  3. wolf Win User
    True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

4. Suman_B Win User

Windows 10 version 1903 Nvidia Control Panel issues.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that nvidia Control Panel is not accepting desktop color settings correctly, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some
    information.

1. What is the Make and the Model of the computer?
    2. May I know the Model of the nvidia Graphic card?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Change the output dynamic range to full.

1. Open nvidia control panel.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. Select Change resolution.
    4. Output dynamic range
    5. Set this value to Full.

Method 2: Update nvidia Graphic driver.

Suggest you to update the nvidia Graphic driver from the

nvidia website
    and check if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. What are these NVidia Fies? - Similar Threads - are NVidia Fies

2. What is NVIDIA Display 31.0.15.2802 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is NVIDIA Display 31.0.15.2802 update?: Hello everyone,I have the lastest and most update manufacturer nvidia driver, but windows wants to install this update. Can anyone explain to me what it is before I install it?...
  3. What is NVIDIA Display 31.0.15.2802 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is NVIDIA Display 31.0.15.2802 update?: Hello everyone,I have the lastest and most update manufacturer nvidia driver, but windows wants to install this update. Can anyone explain to me what it is before I install it?...
  4. Recoverring fies

in Windows 10 Support
    Recoverring fies: I accidentally deleted a folder on W10 destop Used RECUVA it found all files .... all were marked as excellent Ran Recover and saved to a different HD All 243 files are there .... but no one of them will open ..... They all have correct icons .... and are jpeg,png, cr2, dng,...
  5. Unwanted fie extension association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unwanted fie extension association: I have inadvertently associated a .xcfg file extension to open with an app. How do I completely remove the unwanted association to leave .xcfg files at the default with no associated app....
  6. Windows 10 fie properties dialogue boxes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 fie properties dialogue boxes.: Since a recent update my property dialogue boxes look like this - any idea why? I am using Windows 10 Evaluation copy build 20262.fe_release_201113-1436. 168784
  7. What Disables My Nvidia Services?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What Disables My Nvidia Services?: I did aa tour-de-force of shutting off Windows Settings. Immediately afterwards I had problems with The Nvidia Services in Windows Services being disabled whenever I start up my computer. Nvidia Control Panel then won't open and the screen brightness is dimmed. I turn the...
  8. Windows (Fie) explorer in W10. viewing difficulties

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows (Fie) explorer in W10. viewing difficulties: I have a laptop with W10 and have no trouble viewing File Explorer (Windows explorer). But on my new desktop with w10, it's hard to see things like the scroll bar (very light grey) i.e. the vertical bar enabling one to scroll down the folders and other itemssuch as drives,...
  9. Convert .DPP fie to PDF or Word.doc

in Windows 10 Support
    Convert .DPP fie to PDF or Word.doc: Can anyone tel me how to convert a .DPP file into either a word.doc or PDF please. I use Seriff X3 for my drawings but have never discovered how to convert them into a word or pdf file. The Seriff programmes is now long obsolete so it is hard to email a drawing to anyone as...
  10. system restore, then reset (keeping fies) fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system restore, then reset (keeping fies) fails: i had a problem that started immediately after cumulative update KB4015317., which. is an un-unistallable update. tried a system restore to a previous date. failed. tried all other restore points. all failed. tried reset saving files. that failed several times. booted...