Windows 10: What are these services?

Discus and support What are these services? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am unable to find anything on-line about whether I should disable them or celebrate them. CDPUser_26fc94a Contact Data_26fc94a Messaging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 6185JGL, Feb 3, 2017.

1. 6185JGL Win User

What are these services?

I am unable to find anything on-line about whether I should disable them or celebrate them.
    CDPUser_26fc94a
    Contact Data_26fc94a
    Messaging Service-26fc94a
    Synchost_26fc94a
    User Data Access_26fc94a
    User Data Storage_26fc94a John

:)

6185JGL, Feb 3, 2017
  2. elie7 Win User

What are these apps?

don't forget that the theme may have special icons, or the user is a hacker that knows how to change icons, so facebook, might be facebrick, the facebook client from the devels, and youtube may be zoutube .......

elie7, Feb 3, 2017
  3. What are these apps?

nothing shown!

ceroberts75, Feb 3, 2017
  4. Fafhrd Win User

What are these services?

I've no Idea either - look, I'll show you mine and we can celebrate them all together - I don't think we have cause to disable them, do we?

What are these services? [​IMG]

*Smile

Fafhrd, Feb 3, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    1. CDP Service Cisco Discovery Protocol Service: This Windows service is used for Connected Devices and Universal Glass scenarios. It is a network monitor and troubleshooting Windows background service
    2. Contact Data (PimIndexMaintenanceSvc) Service Defaults in Windows 10
    : Indexes contact data for fast contact searching. If you stop or disable this service, contacts might be missing from your search results.
    3. Messaging Service: sends messages from one Windows computer to another on the same LAN.
    4 .Sync Host (OneSyncSvc) Service Defaults in Windows 10 This service synchronizes mail, contacts, calendar and various other user data. Mail and other applications dependent on this functionality will not work properly when this service is not running.
    5. User Data Access: Provides apps access to structured user data, including contact info, calendars, messages, and other content. If you stop or disable this service, apps that use this data might not work correctly.
    6. User Data Storage - Windows 10 Service Handles storage of structured user data, including contact info, calendars, messages, and other content. If you stop or disable this service, apps that use this data might not work correctly.
    This service exists in Windows 10 only.
    None of these services should be disabled.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

What are these services?

1. What are these services? - Similar Threads - are services

2. Want to discontinue service that is $9.99 month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to discontinue service that is $9.99 month: I want to discontinue my driver service. I am on a fixed income and can’t afford it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-discontinue-service-that-is-999-month/5e2b2460-f1ce-4a82-a82a-6d5738c36d28
  3. Want to discontinue service that is $9.99 month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to discontinue service that is $9.99 month: I want to discontinue my driver service. I am on a fixed income and can’t afford it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-discontinue-service-that-is-999-month/5e2b2460-f1ce-4a82-a82a-6d5738c36d28
  4. Want to discontinue service that is $9.99 month

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. GamingsServices service causes problems at computer startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GamingsServices service causes problems at computer startup: I am on windows 11, new computer from 2 months ago. The gaming services app did an update on 12 april 2024. Since then, I have problems with it. So lets say I play a game on xbox pc app like halo. After I close and start my computer again, the start search bar will not...
  6. GamingsServices service causes problems at computer startup

GamingsServices service causes problems at computer startup: I am on windows 11, new computer from 2 months ago. The gaming services app did an update on 12 april 2024. Since then, I have problems with it. So lets say I play a game on xbox pc app like halo. After I close and start my computer again, the start search bar will not...
  7. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  8. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  9. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service: Hello, I am using an old computer at home as a NAS server and I want to share some files on this server from any computer or network. Normally for this I can use my dynamic IP address on the internet and publish via HTTP on port 80 BUT! It is very difficult to do this in...
  10. I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service

I want to serve my files on Windows like a cloud storage service: Hello, I am using an old computer at home as a NAS server and I want to share some files on this server from any computer or network. Normally for this I can use my dynamic IP address on the internet and publish via HTTP on port 80 BUT! It is very difficult to do this in...