Windows 10: What are these steps going to achieve? Is this for PC Boots to Black Screen?

Discus and support What are these steps going to achieve? Is this for PC Boots to Black Screen? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Method 1Turn off PCTurn the PC back on Repeatedly press F9 key during boot up until Entering Boot Menu message appears in bottom left of the HP logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Linna G., Feb 22, 2024.

1. Linna G. Win User

What are these steps going to achieve? Is this for PC Boots to Black Screen?

Method 1Turn off PCTurn the PC back on Repeatedly press F9 key during boot up until Entering Boot Menu message appears in bottom left of the HP logo screenEntering boot menu > boot menu> System >EFI> boot> boot x64 EFISelect UEFI Checkpoint option if it is present, otherwise select UEFI Windows Boot Manager.Method 2Ensure PC is offDisconnect AC power from the PCHold the power button on the PC up to 1 minuteWait an additional 30 seconds, then plug the AC power back into the PCAttempt to turn PC back on

:)

Linna G., Feb 22, 2024

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 22, 2024
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Feb 22, 2024
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

1. What are these steps going to achieve? Is this for PC Boots to Black Screen? - Similar Threads - are steps going

2. What are these steps going to achieve? Is this for PC Boots to Black Screen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are these steps going to achieve? Is this for PC Boots to Black Screen?: Method 1Turn off PCTurn the PC back on Repeatedly press F9 key during boot up until Entering Boot Menu message appears in bottom left of the HP logo screenEntering boot menu > boot menu> System >EFI> boot> boot x64 EFISelect UEFI Checkpoint option if it is present, otherwise...
  3. What are these steps going to achieve? Is this for PC Boots to Black Screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these steps going to achieve? Is this for PC Boots to Black Screen?: Method 1Turn off PCTurn the PC back on Repeatedly press F9 key during boot up until Entering Boot Menu message appears in bottom left of the HP logo screenEntering boot menu > boot menu> System >EFI> boot> boot x64 EFISelect UEFI Checkpoint option if it is present, otherwise...
  4. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black: Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a lot of scenarios, at startup it oftenly turns one or more of my screens off and then on again, while watching shows of vlc it...
  5. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Boot to black screen: I tried to boot my computer this morning and it sits at a black screen with a solid white dash shown. I tried restarting and the screen doesn't activate now. This PC has worked great for 2 years now after I built it, and was running fine last night. What could have caused...
  6. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Boot to black screen: I tried to boot my computer this morning and it sits at a black screen with a solid white dash shown. I tried restarting and the screen doesn't activate now. This PC has worked great for 2 years now after I built it, and was running fine last night. What could have caused...
  7. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. pc going to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc going to black screen: so 2 days ago i installed a geforce gtx 1650 low profile in my dell optiplex 7010 DT and everything was going fine but then after the first day my pc started to go to black screen and stays but now when i boost it works for like a minute then goes black screen could it be...
  9. Pc boots to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc boots to black screen: When I start my pc, all i see is a black screen without a cursor that never goes away. The keyboard connected to the pc lights up. I have tried to reset the CMOS but that didn't help....
  10. Screen Will Flash Black Several Times and Go Black (NOT ON BOOT)

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Will Flash Black Several Times and Go Black (NOT ON BOOT): Brand new Dell desktop with Windows 10 Without warning screen will flash black a few times and then go black. Only way to bring back is turn off and then back on. Happens maybe once a day....seems to be more on IE 11 but that could be because that is where I spend...