Windows 10: What are these Strange Service commands in Services on win10,

Discus and support What are these Strange Service commands in Services on win10, in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Hope you can help, I've Just been looking on Services, On my Win10, Version 20H2, and Noticed some Strange Services I've never seen before, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lelou2, Nov 23, 2020.

1. lelou2 Win User

What are these Strange Service commands in Services on win10,

Hi,

Hope you can help,

I've Just been looking on Services, On my Win10, Version 20H2, and Noticed some Strange Services I've never seen before,

I need to know if these are apart of MS, Win,10 running Normal services,

These are the Display names I've found on services

Clipboard User Service_a7bea6

ConsentUX_a7bea6

Contact Data_a7bea6

DeviceAssociationBroker_a7bea6

DevicePicker_a7bea6

DevicesFlow_a7bea6

Sync Host_a7bea6

When I've tried to Disable these services through Properties,

an Error message appears stating the Parameter is Incorrect & won't let me change Or disable any of them

have i got anything to worry about here, Virus wise?

I've got Windows Defender Antivirus enabled, but it won't allow me to do an offline windows defender Scan,

Normal Scans are not Indicating any Virus problems when doing a Normal Scan...

:)

lelou2, Nov 23, 2020

2. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile What are these Strange Service commands in Services on win10, :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2020
  4. tigger Win User

Vista service pack 2

Do you know if there is a list of whats in the service pack anywere? thanks erocker.

tigger, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. What are these Strange Service commands in Services on win10, - Similar Threads - are Strange Service

2. Duplicate Windows Service with Strange Wording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Windows Service with Strange Wording: Dear All,I have started to encounter an issue regarding my windows services. Everytime I restart my laptop, it produces duplicate services with different wording. I made my research; most of the users have informed that this is not virus, only a service so called per-user...
  3. STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER: Hello, today i was looking through task manager as usual to see if i find any unfamiliar tasks or programs running. I came to meet this stranger services runningpkease find below, images attached. I wanted to know if these are threats or viruses. Thanks!...
  4. STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER: Hello, today i was looking through task manager as usual to see if i find any unfamiliar tasks or programs running. I came to meet this stranger services runningpkease find below, images attached. I wanted to know if these are threats or viruses. Thanks!...
  5. Strange service name is P9rdrServices in services window 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange service name is P9rdrServices in services window 11.: I think I have been hacked through my phone which already hacked in case. When I using hotspot from my phone to connect to my laptop then strange service P9rdrServices_a1dbc with description is "enables trigger-starting plan9 file servers".I opened the properties of the...
  6. Strange service name is P9rdrServices in services window 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange service name is P9rdrServices in services window 11.: I think I have been hacked through my phone which already hacked in case. When I using hotspot from my phone to connect to my laptop then strange service P9rdrServices_a1dbc with description is "enables trigger-starting plan9 file servers".I opened the properties of the...
  7. What are these Strange Service commands in my win10 Services

What are these Strange Service commands in my win10 Services: Hi, Hope you can help, I've Just been looking on Services, On my Win10, Version 2H20 and Noticed some Strange Services I've never seen before, I need to know if they are apart of MS, Win,10 Normal services, These are the Display names I've found on services I've found...
  8. strange entries in services

strange entries in services: [ATTACH] When I open services page I noticed there are some strange entries, as you can see from the screenshot there are some entries ended in 6dd8d3 like AarSvc_6dd8d3, BluetoothUserService_6dd8d3 and others. What are those ? are they virus ?...
  9. Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset WIN10 SERVICES ?: Hello. Ive recently acquired / bought a "new" Pc from a retail store - WIN10. WIN10 HOME. Version 10.0.17763 build 17763 64 bit system my internet speed is VERY fast - 90-100 MBPS speed (i can watch 5 movies at once with no problems.. though i'm only watching 1 TV show...
  10. What are these services?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these services?: I am unable to find anything on-line about whether I should disable them or celebrate them. CDPUser_26fc94a Contact Data_26fc94a Messaging Service-26fc94a Synchost_26fc94a User Data Access_26fc94a User Data Storage_26fc94a John 76528