Windows 10: What are these weird black boxes on my display??

Discus and support What are these weird black boxes on my display?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This box randomly showed up on my computer yesterday. At first, it was only on my right monitor, and now it is on both. I was initially able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kamesod, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Kamesod Win User

What are these weird black boxes on my display??

This box randomly showed up on my computer yesterday. At first, it was only on my right monitor, and now it is on both. I was initially able to eliminate the problem by changing a game application from fullscreen to borderless. poof! the box on the right disappeared. I reloaded my computer and it appeared on BOTH monitors!

I can't figure out if it is a display issue, or maybe an application running in the background that is causing it. Any ideas on how to figure out what the issue is?

What are these weird black boxes on my display?? [​IMG]

What are these weird black boxes on my display?? [​IMG]

:)

Kamesod, Sep 6, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Sep 6, 2020
  4. What are these weird black boxes on my display??

Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

What are these weird black boxes on my display??

1. What are these weird black boxes on my display?? - Similar Threads - are weird black

2. What is this black box that overlaps part of my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this black box that overlaps part of my screen?: On occasion, my screen flashes and shows a big black box on the screen. Every time it happens, the box shows up in the exact same place. My cursor shows up when hovering over the box, but nothing else does. How can I get rid of it?The only way I can seem to remove it...
  3. What is this black box that overlaps part of my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this black box that overlaps part of my screen?: On occasion, my screen flashes and shows a big black box on the screen. Every time it happens, the box shows up in the exact same place. My cursor shows up when hovering over the box, but nothing else does. How can I get rid of it?The only way I can seem to remove it...
  4. I have this weird black box on the bottom right of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this weird black box on the bottom right of my screen: This is what it looks like, I’ve tried resetting graphics drivers, restarting my pc, my windows is all up to date and it just won’t go away, it’s especially bad as it stays over full screen applications and as such cannot simply be avoided. It does not let me click on it at...
  5. I have this weird black box on the bottom right of my screen

I have this weird black box on the bottom right of my screen: This is what it looks like, I’ve tried resetting graphics drivers, restarting my pc, my windows is all up to date and it just won’t go away, it’s especially bad as it stays over full screen applications and as such cannot simply be avoided. It does not let me click on it at...
  6. Windows taskbar icons displaying as black boxes

Windows taskbar icons displaying as black boxes: The icons for both Office and the Snipping tool are displaying as black boxes in my taskbar and are unidentifiable. I've tried removing and repinning to the taskbar with no effect. The black square on the left is Outlook, the one on the right is the Snipping tool. Any...
  7. Windows taskbar icons displaying as black boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar icons displaying as black boxes: The icons for both Office and the Snipping tool are displaying as black boxes in my taskbar and are unidentifiable. I've tried removing and repinning to the taskbar with no effect. The black square on the left is Outlook, the one on the right is the Snipping tool. Any...
  8. Weird boxes-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird boxes-: As you read the titleI have some weird little boxes that appears:BlackWhiteI don't know how to really explain this one... but it's like hex colors like a glitch but it's in a box form.I WOULD Share a photo but every time I take a screenshot it doesn't show it's there...I also...
  9. Weird black box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird black box: Recently I noticed a weird gray mark that would only appear on the windows home screen, I discovered that it was a tiny window. I am unable to close the window and it reappears every time I boot. I used Winspy to get more information about it and tried to close it, but the...
  10. Weird black box in bottom-left corner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird black box in bottom-left corner: Hello, I'm having a strange issue where there is a black box that covers any apps I use, but not the cursor or start menu, in the bottom left corner. I have a gtx 1080 running the latest drivers (445.87), and windows 10 home updated to the latest version (1909). Any help...