Windows 10: What are these weird black boxes on my display??

Discus and support What are these weird black boxes on my display?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This box randomly showed up on my computer yesterday. At first, it was only on my right monitor, and now it is on both. I was initially able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kamesod, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Kamesod Win User

What are these weird black boxes on my display??

This box randomly showed up on my computer yesterday. At first, it was only on my right monitor, and now it is on both. I was initially able to eliminate the problem by changing a game application from fullscreen to borderless. poof! the box on the right disappeared. I reloaded my computer and it appeared on BOTH monitors!

I can't figure out if it is a display issue, or maybe an application running in the background that is causing it. Any ideas on how to figure out what the issue is?

What are these weird black boxes on my display?? [​IMG]

What are these weird black boxes on my display?? [​IMG]

:)

Kamesod, Sep 6, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Sep 6, 2020
  4. What are these weird black boxes on my display??

Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

What are these weird black boxes on my display??

1. What are these weird black boxes on my display?? - Similar Threads - are weird black

2. Weird Box on screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Box on screen.: [ATTACH] There's a box in the top left of my desktop screen. How do I get rid of it? I can't even move it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-box-on-screen/fdfa0f1a-4597-48ca-aa90-13e28e736e7a
  3. Weird black box in bottom-left corner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird black box in bottom-left corner: Hello, I'm having a strange issue where there is a black box that covers any apps I use, but not the cursor or start menu, in the bottom left corner. I have a gtx 1080 running the latest drivers (445.87), and windows 10 home updated to the latest version (1909). Any help...
  4. Weird box with text

Weird box with text: So this user keeps getting weird squares on her computer, and I can't really figure out why. it's not just in word or excel it's everything she opens. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-box-with-text/38f4a2e8-317a-4835-89b8-8c1a2ede896c
  5. Weird Black Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Black Screen: So I was browsing this subreddit and found a video on how to disable bing in windows search and I did it and It worked but then I shut down my computer and the next time I turned my laptop on it gave a black screen and i was terrified. What I did was I was just force...
  6. Weird Grey Box on Desktop

Weird Grey Box on Desktop: For some reason, sometimes when I open to my desktop, there's this weird grey box on my desktop. I don't know how to get rid of it. It doesn't really affect anything, but it just irritates me because it's just so random. Can anyone show me how to remove it or what it's caused...
  7. my display turns black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my display turns black: hello guys this problem started appearing 1 week ago while i was playing game my display turned black i thought it was normal at first but it started to occur more often.I asked one of my friend for help and he told me to run stress test to see if any of the components...
  8. black box

black box: what's the black box that has appeared in the videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/black-box/fd4f2975-dec4-4c57-a7aa-53a35bb73ce4
  9. Brave browser displays nothing but black-and-white boxes

in Browsers and Email
    Brave browser displays nothing but black-and-white boxes: The entire browser window, not just the where the document goes. Including the maximize/minimize tools, URL, etc. Edge to edge. Any idea what this means? [img] 106911
  10. Weird text box

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird text box: Hi All Question for you . I have been playing this game for a bit and I keep noticing this strange text box pop up when moving around it will just randomly pop up see the screen shot. [img] Now I am unsure what is getting this box to pop up. I do have additional...