Windows 10: What Are "Universal Print" Informational Messages I See In Event Viewer Lately &...

Discus and support What Are "Universal Print" Informational Messages I See In Event Viewer Lately &... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I have noticed that for the past several weeks in my Event Viewer an Informational Event Message concerning Universal Print Event ID 1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonT5, Aug 6, 2022.

1. DonT5 Win User

What Are "Universal Print" Informational Messages I See In Event Viewer Lately &...

Hello everyone,I have noticed that for the past several weeks in my Event Viewer an Informational Event Message concerning Universal Print Event ID 1. I usually see it about a couple of times when I start up or wake up my computer See message below. I know what I should see and what I should not see in my Event Viewer and this message has me curious for knowledge about it so I am asking here. It seems to be tied to McpManagementService which is set to manual by default and it seems to have a problem not just on my computer but other users as well See McpManagementService screen shot below

:)

DonT5, Aug 6, 2022

2. What Is Up With These "Universal Print" Info Messages In Event Viewer?

Hi Don I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

An informational event is so insignificant no one should even pay attention to it unless there are performance issues which is the only time experts would even look in the Event Viewer and then the focus should be on Errors and Critical events.

More about Universal Print Event 1 which is strictly an IT Pro matter for organizations, which we don't even handle here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/universal-prin...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/universal-prin...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Aug 6, 2022
  3. DonT5 Win User
    What Is Up With These "Universal Print" Info Messages In Event Viewer?

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that for the past several weeks in my Event Viewer an Informational Event Message concerning Universal Print Event ID 1. I usually see it about a couple of times when I start up or wake up my computer (See message below). I know what I should see and what I should not see in my Event Viewer and this message has me curious for knowledge about it so I am asking here. It seems to be tied to McpManagementService which is set to manual by default and it seems to have a problem not just on my computer but other users as well (See McpManagementService screen shot below) from what I have read. I cannot seem to find any information what this service is used for and what Universal Print is for except printing from the cloud and I am not planning on printing from a cloud source using Azure which is tied to Universal Printing. My printer is an HP Envy Photo 7155 and is on WiFi and I am not having any problems with printer. What I would like is someone to enlighten me on what good Universal Print benefits me on my home desktop and why am I all of a sudden lately I am getting these Informational Event 1 messages about it. I would also like to know about McpManagementService or McpManagementService.dll and what Windows components does it control. What good is keeping this service set at manual or anything else if it is having problems and why not just disable this service. Could all this I am seeing about Universal Print and McpManagementService be tied to a future feature Windows update? This is an interesting discussion I found McpManagementService error .

Just an FYI I have no corrupted files according to SFC and DISM and I am fully up to date with drivers and updates from MS and MS Store. My Omen computer is running perfectly and I keep it in order and free of junk apps and games. I am not a gamer but I use my Omen for intensive photo editing. I log in with my MS account and I use Norton 360 and have used Norton for years.

Respectfully

Log Name: Application

Source: Universal Print

Date: 8/5/2022 5:33:56 PM

Event ID: 1

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-5L8A27V

Description:

The description for Event ID 1 from source Universal Print cannot be found. Either the component that raises this

event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the

component on the local computer.If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Device is neither AAD/Domain Joined or Workplace Joined.

mcpmanagementservice.dll

The resource loader failed to find MUI file

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Universal Print" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-08-05T21:33:56.8023949Z" />

<EventRecordID>7613</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-5L8A27V</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Device is neither AAD/Domain Joined or Workplace Joined.</Data>

<Data>mcpmanagementservice.dll</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

What Are "Universal Print" Informational Messages I See In Event Viewer Lately &... 44229292-c11b-44d0-a3ae-b29e47a5917c?upload=true.jpg

DonT5, Aug 6, 2022
  4. spike47 Win User

What Are "Universal Print" Informational Messages I See In Event Viewer Lately &...

Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

1. What Are "Universal Print" Informational Messages I See In Event Viewer Lately &... - Similar Threads - Are Universal Print

2. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer message: Can anybody please explain this message.Is it important, and if so, how to fix?Message appears every day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-message/0df78dd4-7476-42dd-81aa-9a9e8e46ed69
  3. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer message: Can anybody please explain this message.Is it important, and if so, how to fix?Message appears every day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-message/0df78dd4-7476-42dd-81aa-9a9e8e46ed69
  4. Event viewer message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What Is Up With These "Universal Print" Info Messages In Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What Is Up With These "Universal Print" Info Messages In Event Viewer?: Hello everyone,I have noticed that for the past several weeks in my Event Viewer an Informational Event Message concerning Universal Print Event ID 1. I usually see it about a couple of times when I start up or wake up my computer See message below. I know what I should see...
  6. What Is Up With These "Universal Print" Info Messages In Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Is Up With These "Universal Print" Info Messages In Event Viewer?: Hello everyone,I have noticed that for the past several weeks in my Event Viewer an Informational Event Message concerning Universal Print Event ID 1. I usually see it about a couple of times when I start up or wake up my computer See message below. I know what I should see...
  7. What Is Up With These "Universal Print" Info Messages In Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Information in Microsoft Event Viewer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Information in Microsoft Event Viewer: Every time I finish FS 2020, I see the following results in Event Viewer! Does anyone have any idea what it depends on? Incorrect application path:\ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.11.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe Problem signature...
  9. Event viewer error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer error message: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000006000, 0xffff800fdf8c68e0, 0xffffffffc0000225, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: aa93d767-cdf9-4308-8724-20e4c099006c. Help, my computer has been...
  10. ESENT Messages in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    ESENT Messages in Event Viewer: A week ago I saw some ESENT messages in Event Viewer. I don't have a clue what this stuff is about so I gave up on it and hoped it wouldn't be a problem. Today there are more messages, and the more I clicked around in Event Viewer the more messages were created. If all else...