Windows 10: What audio player do you use?

Discus and support What audio player do you use? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What audio player do you use to play music on Win 10? The default one works pretty fine(not great), but sometimes it freezes for a few seconds. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Siegfriedm, Apr 10, 2016.

1. What audio player do you use?

What audio player do you use to play music on Win 10? The default one works pretty fine(not great), but sometimes it freezes for a few seconds.
    Any suggestion?

:)

Siegfriedm, Apr 10, 2016

2. Dvd player in windows 10

The dvd player app works and all but no audio. My speakers work fine and all but when the player is working no audio comes out and the volume is all the way up. So the question is what do I do or whats the solution?

JayHeimrich, Apr 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10: .WMV will play on my computer, but not on my cd player

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me assist you on your query regarding .WMV file.

Are you trying to extract audio from .WMV file?

Please be informed that the CD player should support the audio file type that you are trying to play. Please refer the user manual of the CD player to check what (file types) audio formats it supports.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Apr 10, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

What audio player do you use?

When you say default, do you mean Groove Music or Windows Media Player?
    Both work fine for me. That's about all I use except for VLC Media Player to watch DVD's.

Edwin, Apr 10, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I use Windows Media player and then I use MPC-HC for movies.

BunnyJ, Apr 10, 2016
  6. WMP. I don't know Groove music. I'll give it a try.
    Back to Win 7 era, I used Winamp.

Siegfriedm, Apr 10, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    MusicBee or Foobar2000. Pick one and you can't go wrong.

AndreTen, Apr 10, 2016
  8. Basenco Win User

I like VLC Player. Has the built in Equalizer to customize the sound. Love it!!!

Basenco, Apr 10, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    Foobar2000! Very good!

And awesome skins! *Wink

Edwin, Apr 10, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Did you try MusicBee yet? Available skins are also awesome. Although, i like it simple:

AndreTen, Apr 10, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    I recall using Music Bee years ago, it was great then, it's probably a lot more sophisticated now, I imagine.

I forgot I even had Foobar, I just had it for skins that happened to match my theme.

What audio player do you use? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 10, 2016
  12. AndreTen Win User
    Now, that is something *Thumbs

AndreTen, Apr 10, 2016
  13. Edwin New Member

Yeah, I seem to be addicted to 'Eye Candy' lately! *Wink

Edwin, Apr 10, 2016
  14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Still using WINAMP (great for FLAC) and VLC on Local PC, Logitech Media server (Squeezebox Server) for playing on remote squeezeboxes etc and sometimes PLEX media server (also for remote playing -- this plays on things like remote TV's etc).

The Squeezebox system plays into networked Squeezeboxes -- still an excellent system with Optical output into a decent amplifier and proper speakers.

I prefer players that can handle FOLDERS / DIRECTORIES - both VLC and WINAMP can handle those --- most of the more modern players always seem to want you to split your music up into playlists / albums / genre / artists etc. Most of my music is from ripped CD's (WINAMP rips fine and tags as well) so it's much easier to use Folders. Also I prefer HQ music (FLAC for example) -- downloaded mp3's are too low quality for my taste.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 11, 2016
  15. AndreTen Win User
    Foobar2000 and MusicBee handles anything in anyway you can think of (OK, this is a bit too much *Smile)

They are all fine.

AndreTen, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

1. What audio player do you use? - Similar Threads - audio player

2. How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?: How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-windows-media-player-audio-to/dfda97ab-e307-4a5d-83b9-9b66cafd3601
  3. How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?: How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-windows-media-player-audio-to/dfda97ab-e307-4a5d-83b9-9b66cafd3601
  4. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...
  5. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...
  6. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  7. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  8. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...
  9. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...
  10. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Customization