Windows 10: What audio player do you use?

Discus and support What audio player do you use? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Windows Media Player Toshiba Media Player CyberLink Media Player Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Siegfriedm, Apr 10, 2016.

1. What audio player do you use?

I use Windows Media Player
    Toshiba Media Player
    CyberLink Media Player

hTconeM9user, Apr 11, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows Media Player for audios.
    VLC for videos.
    That's enough for me.

davidhk, Apr 11, 2016
  3. AIMP v4.0, Skins out the wazoo. Here is mine for now:

What audio player do you use? [​IMG]

All the whistles and bells are working on this player. You may even build your own player with the AIMP skins sdk for that. Shoutcast and Icecast are the default radio station locators for pre programming your radio playlists although other with correct url code will work. Enjoy.

lopedoggie, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Brian k Win User

What audio player do you use?

I use 5KPlayer. But at first I downloaded it not for audio playback, but for DVD playback on Windows 10.

Brian k, Apr 21, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

For those who use VLC media player it can also be used for STREAMING video / music to remote devices. It's not a full blown media server in the sense of PLEX etc but it's very useful if you just want to stream to say a phone / tablet etc on odd occasions. A lot of people don't realize that VLC has the ability to stream audio / video.

Also VLC plays every codec (video and audio) known to man and also plays encrypted DVD's so you don't need to pay for DVD playing software.

How to Stream Videos and Music Over the Network Using VLC

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 21, 2016
  6. iTunes primarily for me. Heavily invested in the apple eco system for phones and tablets. It's not everyone's cup of tea but it works fine for me. After that Windows Media Player. Groove would be good but it doesn't pick up many of the album art covers which puts me off it (not an uncommon issue having googled around)

VLC as mentioned is also good. But make sure you go for the traditional desktop software flavour. The modern app version of VLC that can be downloaded from the store seemed pretty disappointing.

Scottyboy99, Apr 21, 2016
  7. Stephanie Win User
    VLC used it for years and love it *Smile

Stephanie, Apr 21, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I use that one.. and there are so many good ones out there .. it's hard to chose at times. It's all about features I guess.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What audio player do you use? - Similar Threads - audio player

2. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....
  3. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....
  4. How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?: How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-windows-media-player-audio-to/dfda97ab-e307-4a5d-83b9-9b66cafd3601
  5. How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?

How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system please?: How to connect Windows Media Player audio to established SONOS system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-windows-media-player-audio-to/dfda97ab-e307-4a5d-83b9-9b66cafd3601
  6. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...
  7. I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...

I have local media files with multiple audio channels, windows media player shows no audio...: I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 6i and i have local media files with 7.1 channel audio, windows media player and films and tv app plays the audio as mute, i did not face the same problem with 2.1 or 5.1 audio channels, i have reinstalled both the apps and it still doesnt output any...
  8. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  9. Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly

Streaming Music from Windows 11 Media Player to Audio Receiver Stops Randomly: Streaming cuts off after a few minutes. Looking for a fix. Screen saving is set for 10 hours. So, it's not that or screen lock. I am out of ideas. Thanks for looking....
  10. Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio won't output from VLC or Windows Media Player - but system sounds & Teams work: I have a user who's having audio issues that Im a bit stumped by.When playing videos in VLC or Windows Media Player, we can't get any audio whatsoever. This is the case whether the user has a bluetooth headset connected or is playing through their laptop speakers. Also,...