Windows 10: What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor

Discus and support What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I am trying to research which background music can be used on the Microsoft Video editor that do not violate or flag for copyright issues. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShannonHage, Oct 1, 2020.

1. What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor

Hi there,

I am trying to research which background music can be used on the Microsoft Video editor that do not violate or flag for copyright issues. I was under the impression that the background music provided was public domain and/or allowed to use. I am editing short children's ministry videos for a private group. We upload to YouTube for a centralized way to distribute our videos to only those allowed to receive the link. This last week, our video had a copyright flag on it. After researching it, the flag was from a music bed/background song that was used in one of our "segments". How do I avoid this in the future and how can I tell if there is a copyright issue while using MS Video Editor ?

Thank you!

SH

** Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Office apps / Windows 10 / Unknown/other **

:)

ShannonHage, Oct 1, 2020
  2. bevzhou Win User

Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright

I used Microsoft photo/video editor app background music in one of my video which I uploaded to YouTube, later YouTube marked this video music copyright issue. I believe all the background musics in this app are generic, free to use, please let me know
    what should I do? currently I have 60K views on this video. BTW, this video is about composting with kitchen waste. Thanks in advance.

bevzhou, Oct 1, 2020
  3. lisa_J Win User
    copyright video editor

Hello,

I was making a video with the video editor and want to use the music 'explorer'. I was wondering if this music was copyrighted or not?

lisa_J, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor

adding background music to video

You need a video editing program to do that. Because you tell you have no experience, I recommend you start with a free one before spending money, to see if video editing is something you might get interested in.

In my opinion, the absolutely easiest to use and by far the best of all free editors is OpenShot (OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows!)

It is Open Source (Open source - Wikipedia), free with no hidden costs for additional features.

When installed, run OpenShot. List numbers refer to numbers in screenshot:
    1. Select Project Files
    2. Click + to browse to and import your video
    3. Video will be added to Project Files
    4. Drag the video to timeline, to any free track. Be sure to add video so that beginning of it touches the red vertical line at beginning of the track
    5. Right click video track, select Separate Audio > Single clip

What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Audio will be separated from video and moved to another track. Select the audio track, right click it and select Remove Clip:

Audio track will be cleared, the original audio of your video removed.

Import your music file to Project Files exactly as you imported the video, and drag it to any free track.

Usually the added audio track is not the same length than the video. If your music lasts longer than the video, go to end of timeline and drag audio track content so that it ends at the same point than video:

If your music track is shorter than video, you can add it again at the end of current audio track.

Now you can export (save) the video:

That's it! Easy, fast and free.

Note Please notice that if you want to publish the video on social media, YouTube and such, you must own copyrights for audio and video content, or have copyright owner's permission. On my 100+ Windows videos, when I feel the video needs some background music, I use the copyright free music from YouTube. Another free source is the Free Music Archive.

Kari, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor

1. What background music is Copyright protected on Video Editor - Similar Threads - background music Copyright

2. Copyrighted music on Microsoft Video Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copyrighted music on Microsoft Video Editor: I haven't posted my YouTube video yet, but I am using the song called TV Tune and I want to know if it's copyrighted. If it is, may I please have permission to use it?...
  3. Copyrighted music on Microsoft Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copyrighted music on Microsoft Video Editor: I haven't posted my YouTube video yet, but I am using the song called TV Tune and I want to know if it's copyrighted. If it is, may I please have permission to use it?...
  4. Copyrighted Music on Microsoft Video Editor

Copyrighted Music on Microsoft Video Editor: I have recently tried to upload videos to YouTube with music from the Microsoft video editor and it claimed copyright issues on a few. The songs on the video editor listed as Funky Strut, On Hold and Simpler Times are flagged by YouTube as copyrighted. Are they not meant for...
  5. Windows video editor music under copyright?

Windows video editor music under copyright?: Does anyone know for the background music built in Windows video editor - is it under any copyright? Tried asking on live chat and unfortunately they don't know. Cheers....
  6. Video Editor Background Music

Video Editor Background Music: Hi, about the free background music available in Video Editor, where does it come from? I like some of the soundtracks such as "Anodized" and "Neon Night" and I was wondering if I could download or find it on YouTube to listen to....
  7. Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright

Microsoft Video Editor app background music copyright: I used Microsoft photo/video editor app background music in one of my video which I uploaded to YouTube, later YouTube marked this video music copyright issue. I believe all the background musics in this app are generic, free to use, please let me know what should I do?...
  8. copyright video editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copyright video editor: Hello, I was making a video with the video editor and want to use the music 'explorer'. I was wondering if this music was copyrighted or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copyright-video-editor/566d40e6-5be0-4c88-be9e-346387602d72
  9. Copyright on music in Windows Video Editor

Copyright on music in Windows Video Editor: Using the built-in Video Editor in Windows which is awesome, by the way, it's possible to add background music to video clips. I was intending to use this for a short work-related presentation, but a colleague queried the licence on the music - are there any restrictions on...
  10. video editor adding background music

video editor adding background music: I've added a selected background music choice. However when I play the video (time lapse composed of 800 photos, it skips (has short sections of no sound) many times in the 3 minute duration. How do I make it play continuously? Also it ends about a second or so too soon. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is anodized background music on Microsoft copyrighted?