Windows 10: What benefits does Windows Defender give me with a Microsoft Account?

Discus and support What benefits does Windows Defender give me with a Microsoft Account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender wants me to sign in with a Microsoft Account for "enhanced security and other benefits". However it doesn't explain what these... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by desbest, Oct 6, 2020.

1. desbest Win User

What benefits does Windows Defender give me with a Microsoft Account?

Windows Defender wants me to sign in with a Microsoft Account for "enhanced security and other benefits".
    However it doesn't explain what these benefits are.
    What does Windows Defender give me for signing in with a Microsoft Account?

I'm using Windows 10 1909

:)

desbest, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown What benefits does Windows Defender give me with a Microsoft Account? :(

Zakin, Oct 6, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Oct 6, 2020
  4. What benefits does Windows Defender give me with a Microsoft Account?

Benefits

I saw a list a mounh ago, where i could see all the downsloads available for my student @edu mail adress. It's no visual studio benefits I'am sure about it. Where can find that list again, there were also windows 8.1 free for my account. Website of microsoft
    is huge !

isa özsoy, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

What benefits does Windows Defender give me with a Microsoft Account?

1. What benefits does Windows Defender give me with a Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - benefits does Defender

2. windows 12 is just a year away. What benefit will it give to its customers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 12 is just a year away. What benefit will it give to its customers?: Windows 12 is due next year. A lot of new hardware to run the windows OS. But what will it give to its customers. AI & ML may have an extra advantage to its customers , yet extra apps from microsoft may not be available . Guys lets have your say....
  3. My Microsoft account is giving me issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account is giving me issues.: Ever since I got my new PC, my Microsoft account has had one issue after another. Currently, my account has been blocked, and every time I am asked to input my number and get a verification code, nothing happens.My account has been stuck like this for months. I just want to...
  4. My Microsoft account is giving me issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account is giving me issues.: Ever since I got my new PC, my Microsoft account has had one issue after another. Currently, my account has been blocked, and every time I am asked to input my number and get a verification code, nothing happens.My account has been stuck like this for months. I just want to...
  5. Does loggin in with my Microsoft account on Windows gives me permanent access to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does loggin in with my Microsoft account on Windows gives me permanent access to the...: I would like to know if linking my MS account to my Windows computer will give me access to a copy of Windows if I eventually get another computer. Will I be able to login with Microsoft to activate the Windows copy? Even if MS releases a new version of Windows? Thanks right...
  6. Does loggin in with my Microsoft account on Windows gives me permanent access to the...

Does loggin in with my Microsoft account on Windows gives me permanent access to the...: I would like to know if linking my MS account to my Windows computer will give me access to a copy of Windows if I eventually get another computer. Will I be able to login with Microsoft to activate the Windows copy? Even if MS releases a new version of Windows? Thanks right...
  7. Does loggin in with my Microsoft account on Windows gives me permanent access to the...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Bitlocker does not give me the option to save to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker does not give me the option to save to a Microsoft account: In general, when saving the recovery key, there is an option "Save to your Microsoft account". I don't have that option. Does it have something to do with me being connected to my organization's network and not having access to that option? I have tried browsing online,...
  9. CacheAwareScheduling: What is it and how does Windows benefit?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CacheAwareScheduling: What is it and how does Windows benefit?: When doing some searching in the kernel of Windows 10 I came accross a registry value called CacheAwareScheduling. Google came up with some studies to the effects of cache aware scheduling in realtime OS environments. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session...
  10. what benefits do i get with microsoft

what benefits do i get with microsoft: what benefits do I get with micresoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-benefits-do-i-get-with-microsoft/bb9ff774-54b9-4c59-aa98-c0e188d9edcc