Windows 10: What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

Discus and support What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JDZ710ALTractor, Jul 17, 2021.

1. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a cable with VGA male on one end and HDMI male on the other end for it to work. Is this the way to go, or do I need something else to get the monitor to display?

:)

JDZ710ALTractor, Jul 17, 2021

2. HDMI to VGA cable issue

I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10.

This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port.

It works fine until i update windows 10.

Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound will appear and i could see external monitor when i open Intel UHD graphic control panel.

But now it does not happen.

It works fine if i use HDMI to HDMI cable, meaning that the HDMI in laptop is OK.

I use my HDMI to VGA cable for other laptop, it is OK (meaning that the HDMI to VGA cable is OK)

I did try the following steps:

- uninstall graphic driver and reinstall graphic driver using device manager.

- Go to Asus website to download graphic driver and BIOS to update.

- Finally reinstall a fresh windows 10

This issue still happen.

Could someone please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

N.K. Quang

NGO KHOA QUANG, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Gil deG Win User
    VGA Port Connecting to TV Screen

Hi Peter,

The VGA port on your computer is the port where your monitor is connected.

You may use a VGA to HDMI cable to connect to your TV, sometimes some computer has already HDMI port.

We suggest that you contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance if your computer has HDMI port.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to post back here.

Gil deG, Jul 17, 2021
  4. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

1. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer - Similar Threads - Cable Monitor HDMI

2. PC posts to monitor using a display port to hdmi cable, then forgets the monitor exists...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC posts to monitor using a display port to hdmi cable, then forgets the monitor exists...: I've had this issue for about 2 weeks at this point. I turn on my PC, it posts to the main display the one using the DP cable, then only shows image on the secondary monitor only uses HDMI. The DP cable seems to work just fine anywhere else, as evident by the fact it posts...
  3. PC posts to monitor using a display port to hdmi cable, then forgets the monitor exists...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC posts to monitor using a display port to hdmi cable, then forgets the monitor exists...: I've had this issue for about 2 weeks at this point. I turn on my PC, it posts to the main display the one using the DP cable, then only shows image on the secondary monitor only uses HDMI. The DP cable seems to work just fine anywhere else, as evident by the fact it posts...
  4. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer: Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a cable with VGA male on one end and HDMI male on the other end for it to work. Is this the way to go, or do I need something...
  5. HDMI to VGA cable issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI to VGA cable issue: Hi there, recently when i was working with my PC, my monitor went black and started saying "power saving mode", after a few day and changing VGA cable and power cable, etc. I just understood that my HDMI to VGA cable was the issue.I just bought a new one from Asus brand, Now...
  6. Connecting an old monitor using vga to hdmi converter

Connecting an old monitor using vga to hdmi converter: I am trying connect an old Dell E173FP monitor to my new Acer laptop operating Windows 10. I have a VGA to HDMI converter which I am using for this. It connects ok but my issue is that it is appearing as a widescreen monitor in Display settings so when I maximise a window...
  7. HDMI to VGA cable issue

HDMI to VGA cable issue: I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10. This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port. It works fine until i update windows 10. Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound...
  8. No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port

No Monitor Display when VGA Cable plugged into video card port: So, when plugging in the VGA cable into my video card's VGA port the monitor shows no display. It isn't an internal problem as the computer turns on and the keyboard and mouse light up after a couple of seconds which I can assume is that the computer is in the OS but does not...
  9. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...
  10. Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE: I have two laptops, both of which have HDMI ports. Is there any software that will use the HDMI cable to make one of my laptops act as a secondary monitor? I don't want any software that requires a network connection because I'm going to be in college. 59100