Windows 10: What can administrators in safe mode access?

Discus and support What can administrators in safe mode access? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I recently brought my Windows 10 laptop to a highly rated computer shop I found to fix a hardware issue with the laptop (it couldn't close... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Veritasyn, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Veritasyn Win User

What can administrators in safe mode access?

Hi,

I recently brought my Windows 10 laptop to a highly rated computer shop I found to fix a hardware issue with the laptop (it couldn't close properly without possibly breaking the screen). I didn't provide them with the power cables, and the laptop only had enough power to turn on and test the screen to ensure it was still working.

However, after I picked up the laptop, it was fully charged and I saw in the Event Viewer that there were multiple logins using the administrator account (presumably in safe mode). I don't see any reason why they needed to log in to the device to fix hardware issues, but I am concerned because I found a review on the shop claiming their device was full of malware after the service. I also have a lot of personal financial and vital information on this device that could lead to identity theft.

Only my account exists on this device, aside from the administrator account in safe mode. I was wondering if it would be possible to access another user's personal files through the admin account in safe mode, and/or copy those files elsewhere? Is it also possible to install malware through that route as well? What is the best way for me to determine if any unscrupulous activity has taken place on the device?

The device has an active subscription of Kaspersky, but after the maintenance, it seems to no longer open. The overall boot-up time is also extremely delayed. I'm very concerned.

Thank you.

:)

Veritasyn, Dec 15, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Dec 15, 2019
  4. What can administrators in safe mode access?

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

What can administrators in safe mode access?

1. What can administrators in safe mode access? - Similar Threads - administrators safe mode

2. How to access safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access safe mode: Installed latest windows 11 update. After restart, I can sign in, but the home screen flashes as if caught in a loop, cursor spins & I cannot access anything. Attempted to enter safe mode, but not able to do that, either. What are my options to undo the update as I'm sure...
  3. What is safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is safe mode?: So I heard about something called booting in safe mode. I know very few about it but can some one please give me detailed information about safe boot. Thanks for your help! :D...
  4. What is safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is safe mode?: So I heard about something called booting in safe mode. I know very few about it but can some one please give me detailed information about safe boot. Thanks for your help! :D...
  5. What is safe mode?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Can I make it so that only administrator accounts can access Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I make it so that only administrator accounts can access Safe Mode?: There are two accounts on my computer—A and B, let’s say. I’m trying to make it so that only a can access Safe Mode. I was under the impression that you needed a password to get into it, so I removed the password requirements for account B, but B can still access Safe Mode....
  7. what is safe mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is safe mode?: How did safe mode get on my computer? How do I change it to run normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-safe-mode/9ab6e0e9-1ed0-4462-b17a-34aacf6704f5
  8. Preventing Access to Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing Access to Safe Mode: Problem: K9 Web Protection software is disabled when loading in Safe Mode, allowing unfettered access to the internet in Safe Mode. Tried: Installing K9 both normally, and in Safe Mode (appeared that future loading in Safe Mode removed the k9 installation). Manually added...
  9. Administrator Privileges in Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator Privileges in Safe Mode?: I've just discovered there is a BIOS update for my Dell laptop. I normally do these updates from a standard admin account. I tried the upgrade this time from an admin account in Safe Mode but I got the error shown below. Why is this happening? The BIOS update proceeded OK...
  10. What can I do in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What can I do in safe mode?: My windows 10 computer booted up to the safe mode. Now, what can I do from the safe mode? What can I do in safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/what-can-i-do-in-safe-mode/b148d5de-4966-4ad4-8037-30ecbb7988e7