Windows 10: What can be done to repair a Start Menu scrolling freeze in Windows 10 Home Version 1909?

Discus and support What can be done to repair a Start Menu scrolling freeze in Windows 10 Home Version 1909? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and the start menu freezes and then disappears while scrolling from "A" to "Z". I can only scroll down to the "M" section and at that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by claudebing, Apr 8, 2020.

1. What can be done to repair a Start Menu scrolling freeze in Windows 10 Home Version 1909?

I have Windows 10 and the start menu freezes and then disappears while scrolling from "A" to "Z". I can only scroll down to the "M" section and at that point the scrolling freezes and the start menu disappears. I ran Windows Update/restarted computer but same problem.

:)

claudebing, Apr 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Apr 8, 2020
  3. tomybooy Win User
    Can't scroll in start menu windows 10

Hey all.

I updated my windows to 10 and all is good besides the scrolling.

I cannot scroll in the start menu or some other menus in windows. (File explorer works and of curse that in chrome everything works.)

It's just the start menu and basically all the menus in the new windows 10.

The funny thing is that's it shows me the little mark that's get showed when you actually do scroll, but nothing happens.

I'm using Samsung 9 series, with Syntaptics drivers which are installed.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

tomybooy, Apr 8, 2020
  4. scevism Win User

What can be done to repair a Start Menu scrolling freeze in Windows 10 Home Version 1909?

scevism, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

What can be done to repair a Start Menu scrolling freeze in Windows 10 Home Version 1909?

1. What can be done to repair a Start Menu scrolling freeze in Windows 10 Home Version 1909? - Similar Threads - done repair Start

2. Repair disc windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair disc windows 10 version 1909: Hello,I tried many times to make a repair disc for my computer which uses windows 10 version 1909 but I couldn't due to the error code 0x80004005 which shown directly by the end of creating the repair disc, in addition to the problem of making recovery disk also, therefore I...
  3. Windows 10 scrolling randomly in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 scrolling randomly in the start menu: Hello I’m at the end of a rope here trying to diagnose this issue. Occasionally maybe once every 3 startups when I go to power down after my session upon clicking the windows icon the menu begins to scroll rapidly leaving me unable to click the shutdown or restart buttons. I...
  4. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...
  5. Win 10 Home version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home version 1909: why is my new 06/2020 Acer Aspire 5 laptop, which was loaded with Windows 10 Home version 1909, not updating to Win 10 version 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-version-1909/38c12861-2bc9-4d4c-bf8f-775f3baadb5f
  6. Corrupt Start Menu entries after Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupt Start Menu entries after Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1909: Hi, I recently encountered an issue after Windows 10 Upgrade to version 1909. Start Menu entries for Modern Apps like Maps or Fotos did not show up with their normal name, but only with a cryptic string. Also the Icons of these Apps were gone: [ATTACH] I quickly found...
  7. Windows 10 Home version 1909 will not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home version 1909 will not print: I have a dell XPS 9350 with subject specs. Also have Brother MFC 8810DW that will not print using the Dell. My wife has a MAC Workbook and she is able to print on the Brother. I get various error messages referring to the driver and Brother set up. I've had too many calls...
  8. What is new in Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Windows 10 version 1909: The next feature update for Windows 10 (known in the Windows Insider Program as 19H2) will be a scoped set of features for select performance improvements, enterprise features, and quality enhancements. To deliver these updates in a less disruptive fashion, we will deliver...
  9. Window 10 Start Menu scroll width

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Start Menu scroll width: I know how to adjust the scroll width in Windows 10 by going into the registry according to post on this site, but this does not affect the scroll width in the Start Menu. Is there some way to adjust that also?...
  10. Can't scroll in start menu windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't scroll in start menu windows 10: Hey all. I updated my windows to 10 and all is good besides the scrolling. I cannot scroll in the start menu or some other menus in windows. (File explorer works and of curse that in chrome everything works.) It's just the start menu and basically all the menus in...