Windows 10: What can be the reason for a slow bandwidth to the Internet (and OK inside)?

Discus and support What can be the reason for a slow bandwidth to the Internet (and OK inside)? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have FTTH with an advertized 1000/400 Mbps. The connection is as follows (all connections are wired): FTTH - my router - switch - server - laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sendcodenotnudes, Apr 5, 2021.

1. What can be the reason for a slow bandwidth to the Internet (and OK inside)?

I have FTTH with an advertized 1000/400 Mbps. The connection is as follows (all connections are wired):

FTTH - my router - switch - server - laptop

When testing the speed I get:

• server to the Internet: 900/400
    • laptop to server: 800/400
    • laptop to Internet: 400/400

I cannot pinpoint what is misconfigured on my laptop (Win 10 10.0.19041.867) so that external bandwidth is 1/2 what it should be.

• This is not the cable because the speed to the server is OK
    • This is not the network equipment because the speed from the server to the Internet is OK.

I tried several MTUs (1280, 1500, ...), or changing the switch ports - no changes.

Is there anything I could try to solve this mystery?

submitted by /u/sendcodenotnudes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sendcodenotnudes, Apr 5, 2021

2. Microsoft Minesweeper consuming excess internet bandwidth

Hi,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset your apps to restart or reset the network bandwidth that they consume per app.

Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

If the issue persist, we suggest that you contact your Internet Service Provider for additional bandwidth on your network.

If you have comments and suggestions, you can have them posted on our
    Feedback Hub

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Again... limited bandwidth and Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Bandwidth is provided by your ISP, you need to contact your ISP for Bandwidth.
    Refer the link below.

How to: Upgrade to Windows 10 if you are on a slow or metered Internet connection?

• I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.
    Windows 10 upgrade: How-to information on scheduling and notifications.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3095675

• Yes you can download the Windows 10 ISO and install it on any System.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Ravenas Win User

What can be the reason for a slow bandwidth to the Internet (and OK inside)?

Internet Bandwidth Slow....

I just recently moved into my new apartment and my bandwidth seems to have slowed down to what seems like a DSL connection (It was my understanding that it would be faster, this complex has T1.)

I hope it is a port problem but can anyone help me or give me tips on how to increase bandwidth please? I don't want to accept the fact that since everyone is sharing this connection it is slow... *Twitch :twitch:

Ravenas, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

What can be the reason for a slow bandwidth to the Internet (and OK inside)?

1. What can be the reason for a slow bandwidth to the Internet (and OK inside)? - Similar Threads - reason slow bandwidth

2. Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device: Hi there,I open this thread because something strange happens to one of my Windows device.Indeed, on my Windows 10 64 bits machine equiped by an Intel AX210 Wi-Fi card, my bandwidth is around 5-10 mbps when my phone and my laptop are respectively 100 mbps and 250 mbps in the...
  3. Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device: Hi there,I open this thread because something strange happens to one of my Windows device.Indeed, on my Windows 10 64 bits machine equiped by an Intel AX210 Wi-Fi card, my bandwidth is around 5-10 mbps when my phone and my laptop are respectively 100 mbps and 250 mbps in the...
  4. Slow internet bandwidth on a specific device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.: I have recently started experiencing really slow download speeds on every screen when I am using Microsoft Edge,Trying "windows repair" instructions there was a software download called Restoro, that told me I had lots of errors on everything, especially Miscrosoft Edge. But...
  6. Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.: I have recently started experiencing really slow download speeds on every screen when I am using Microsoft Edge,Trying "windows repair" instructions there was a software download called Restoro, that told me I had lots of errors on everything, especially Miscrosoft Edge. But...
  7. Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

8. what is this is this ok

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is this is this ok: some reason this just came up?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-is-this-ok/0c3e9fa0-168b-4ad0-ba4d-8cb5f90339c5
  9. Internet bandwidth issue

Internet bandwidth issue: Hi I have a problem with Internet band width. When i start downloading a file by a download manager program (Internet Download Accelerator), the other programs such web browser, windows update and every thing can not access Internet seems the download manager consume all of...
  10. can access the internet OK but not network drives

can access the internet OK but not network drives: can access the internet OK but not network drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-access-the-internet-ok-but-not-network-drives/2bd2de89-d684-48a1-b0a5-458213939c6a