Windows 10: What can I do about a problem with folder permissions?

Discus and support What can I do about a problem with folder permissions? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently bought a new Acer PC with Windows 10. The PC is just for me. There is only one account on it and I am not planning and creating any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Diwedd, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Diwedd Win User

What can I do about a problem with folder permissions?

I recently bought a new Acer PC with Windows 10. The PC is just for me. There is only one account on it and I am not planning and creating any other accounts. I was pretty sure I am the administrator of the PC, but whenever I try to delete a folder, I get a message stating that I need to provide administrator permission to delete. This is very frustrating because this happens with every folder I want to delete. I have inserted an image with the message below.

What can I do about a problem with folder permissions? [​IMG]

I am quite confused about the permissions on the PC in general since there appears to be several permission entries (see image below), so for example, there is the System, an administrator, administrators, users etc.

What can I do about a problem with folder permissions? [​IMG]

I would really like to keep the permissions as simple as possible. I do not want a long list of permission entries. It would be great if it could be the system and me (as the administrator), but I don't know if this is possible.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Diwedd, Nov 5, 2016

2. it says i need an email program? were do i get it from?

it tells me there is an email program needed that i dont have. were do i get it from

what do i do,,,, Nov 5, 2016
  3. Geethu B Win User
    What can I do with a paired iPhone

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to refer the article for more information about connecting iPhone to the computer, using Bluetooth.

iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles

For more assistance please contact Apple Support.

https://www.apple.com/in/support/contact/

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post if you need further assistance or information on this issue.

Geethu B, Nov 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, you shouldn't normally have to worry about permissions settings. Normally, permissions prompt are there to protect things you shouldn't touch- I'm sure you know that. However there are some cases where the prompt does occur and it's a bit annoying (e.g. when I manipulate the start menu - I use Classic Shell as my start menu).

However, 'normal' folder deletion where these are folders in your normal workspace should not result in such a prompt. Access to system folders such as you show may well do so.

If you think it wrong that you receive such a prompt, you may wish to try resetting folder permissions. This well-regarded free repair tool includes a way to do that:
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro
    Follow the cautious stages, and use only the relevant repair.

dalchina, Nov 5, 2016
  5. Diwedd Win User
    Thank you for your reply, I will try the Tweaking tool.

Diwedd, Nov 6, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Even as an administrator you will see prompts like this if you try to manipulate files or folders in critical folders such as 'Windows', 'Program files' or the one for the Start menu's layout (I'm guessing that's where your 'Amazon' folder lives).

An administrator account (for your own protection) operates most of the time as a standard user. When your administrator privileges are needed a prompt like this or a User Account Control (UAC) screen pops up. It's asking if you really want to do this - just click 'Continue' (or 'Yes' for UAC) and it will use your full administrator rights to do what you've asked.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What can I do about a problem with folder permissions? - Similar Threads - problem folder permissions

2. What do I do about this BSOD problem/dump file problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do about this BSOD problem/dump file problem?: I've been having trouble with my ASUS ROG Strix laptop randomly blue screening. Sometimes it happens when I'm actively using it, but most times I'll have just left it plugged in, asleep, and then I hear the restart noise and it's started back up in BIOS. Eventually, I changed...
  3. What do I do about this BSOD problem/dump file problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do about this BSOD problem/dump file problem?: I've been having trouble with my ASUS ROG Strix laptop randomly blue screening. Sometimes it happens when I'm actively using it, but most times I'll have just left it plugged in, asleep, and then I hear the restart noise and it's started back up in BIOS. Eventually, I changed...
  4. What do I do about this BSOD problem/dump file problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What do I do about this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do about this?: Every time I boot up my laptop, I get a Windows Script popup that says "Can not find script file "C:\Users\mason\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows NT\appmgr.js"" What do I do about this? I Updated everything I could and this popup still appears. I Don't Know what to do about...
  6. What do I do about this?

What do I do about this?: Every time I boot up my laptop, I get a Windows Script popup that says "Can not find script file "C:\Users\mason\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows NT\appmgr.js"" What do I do about this? I Updated everything I could and this popup still appears. I Don't Know what to do about...
  7. Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?: I have a folder in F/ drive. I want to delete this. Before I had deleted that but the folder come back again. I had formated the F/ Drive but that was not working. What can I do now?...
  8. Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?

Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?: I have a folder in F/ drive. I want to delete this. Before I had deleted that but the folder come back again. I had formated the F/ Drive but that was not working. What can I do now?...
  9. Folder is not Deleted? what can i do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. My WindowsApps folder is extremely huge, what can I do about it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My WindowsApps folder is extremely huge, what can I do about it?: So my hard drive is about 931GB however most of it is used by the WindowsApps which occupies 528 GB. I have no idea why it is so huge. But I'd like to check if I could erase a couple things because that's way to much space for that folder. [IMG]...