Windows 10: What can I do about MsMpEng.exe is consuming 1.3GB of RAM at idle?

Discus and support What can I do about MsMpEng.exe is consuming 1.3GB of RAM at idle? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've upgraded to Windows 10 and now MsMpEng.exe is consuming 1.3GB of RAM at idle. That sounds like a huge amount of RAM for something that is at... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steven Edward Wood, Jan 15, 2020.

1. What can I do about MsMpEng.exe is consuming 1.3GB of RAM at idle?

I've upgraded to Windows 10 and now MsMpEng.exe is consuming 1.3GB of RAM at idle. That sounds like a huge amount of RAM for something that is at idle. What should it be consuming and what can I do to reduce it?

:)

Steven Edward Wood, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Shrey S Win User

More ram usage when idle

Hi. I am using Dell inspiron 15 5577 gaming laptop,windows 10 intel i5-7300HQ processor with 8gb ram and gtx 1050 4gb. When my laptop is idle the ram usage is more than 3gb out of 8gb and there are nearly 200processes running. what can I do about it?
    Is it normal ? Because my laptop hangs a lot and the gaming performance is not upto the mark. Help me with this please.

Shrey S, Jan 15, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    All the RAM and Disk consumed by nothing ....

I know this is a drastic step, but if I were in your situation, I would backup everything, download the latest Windows 10 ISO and re-install everything.

Sorry, for me it is always the last thing I advise to do, but you do seem to have a problem!

Typically Windows should use 1.2Gb RAM, and all your apps should bring you to 2Gb - 2.5Gb of RAM

I have 16Gb RAM and rarely go over 3Gb used. I can have QuarkXpress, Photoshop CC, MS Word and even Visual Studio open and never go over 3Gb - 3.5Gb RAM.

Typically, Windows 10 will install in 8 - 12 minutes from a Flash Drive, it is backing up your data and re-installing your Applications that will take time . . .

DaveM121, Jan 15, 2020
  4. What can I do about MsMpEng.exe is consuming 1.3GB of RAM at idle?

Antimalware service excutable consuming ram and cpu

Hello,

We would like to know more about this concern, please provide the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Antimalware Service Executable is the name of the process MsMpEng (MsMpEng.exe) used by the Windows Defender program. The service associated with this program is the Windows Defender Service. For possible troubleshooting steps, you can check GreginMich's
    post through this link.

Looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

What can I do about MsMpEng.exe is consuming 1.3GB of RAM at idle?

1. What can I do about MsMpEng.exe is consuming 1.3GB of RAM at idle? - Similar Threads - MsMpEng exe consuming

2. What do I do about this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do about this?: Every time I boot up my laptop, I get a Windows Script popup that says "Can not find script file "C:\Users\mason\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows NT\appmgr.js"" What do I do about this? I Updated everything I could and this popup still appears. I Don't Know what to do about...
  3. What do I do about this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do about this?: Every time I boot up my laptop, I get a Windows Script popup that says "Can not find script file "C:\Users\mason\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows NT\appmgr.js"" What do I do about this? I Updated everything I could and this popup still appears. I Don't Know what to do about...
  4. 50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE: I have a HP laptop with intel i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60HZ and 8GB RAM. Its bootup time is almost 5 minutes and even when I am not using any windows applications or running just one tab in the Chrome browser the RAM utilization becomes 50% or more. On running 5-6 tabs in Chrome the...
  5. 50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    50% of RAM consumed when laptop is IDLE: I have a HP laptop with intel i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60HZ and 8GB RAM. Its bootup time is almost 5 minutes and even when I am not using any windows applications or running just one tab in the Chrome browser the RAM utilization becomes 50% or more. On running 5-6 tabs in Chrome the...
  6. Why do I have a usage of 3gb ram when idle, without browsers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do I have a usage of 3gb ram when idle, without browsers?: [ATTACH] After closing my browser, ram drops to 3.5 but why is there always a high ram usage. The only other thing in the background is discord which is around 200mb. Where does the other 3gb ram come from? Is there a memory leak?...
  7. About 10GB of RAM usage when idle

About 10GB of RAM usage when idle: Here's the RAMMap Here's task manager: 1, 2 I've tried restarting of course, but it is still idling at over 10GB of ram usage. I don't understand what to do to fix the problem, any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/Loobylooby [link] [comments]...
  8. What is using 3gb of ram at idle and how do I fix it? Honestly stumped

What is using 3gb of ram at idle and how do I fix it? Honestly stumped: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thereallopezmiguel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f742ba/what_is_using_3gb_of_ram_at_idle_and_how_do_i_fix/
  9. "SoundMixer.exe" is consuming about 2-2.5 GB RAM in background!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "SoundMixer.exe" is consuming about 2-2.5 GB RAM in background!: "SoundMixer.exe" is running in the background and consuming about 2-2.5 GB of RAM. After performing 'end task', it gets back up. How to fix it?...
  10. "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM: Yo! Installed Win10 yesterday for free, everything went without a hitch that day. Today after rebooting and having installed new updates, I fire up World of Warcraft and after a minute of playing I get a freeze for 20 seconds, followed by an error message from Windows that...
Tags: