Windows 10: What can I do about the Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders being created in...

Discus and support What can I do about the Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders being created in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After having attempted to install MS Flight Simulator via Xbox Gamepass and several Steam games to my secondary hard drive I've noticed that some of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kayfabe, Nov 3, 2020.

1. kayfabe Win User

What can I do about the Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders being created in...

After having attempted to install MS Flight Simulator via Xbox Gamepass and several Steam games to my secondary hard drive I've noticed that some of my games no longer launch and that there are Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders now appearing in my secondary drive. Resetting my computer got rid of my apps but not those folders. What can I do to correct things and prevent this from happening again?

:)

kayfabe, Nov 3, 2020

2. Create WPSystem folder

Due to Windows Phone's dreadful excuse for backup, and the crazy complications that surround a simple SD card replacement, I have lost everything. I am in the process of recovering files using different programs, but I'm slightly worried that the special
    properties belonging to WPSystem and WPSettings.dat are gone. I can simply 'hide' them, but I worry that they won't work properly without their settings. Is there anyway to recreate these folder and file settings?

DanBigMacMeal, Nov 3, 2020
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Nov 3, 2020
  4. What can I do about the Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders being created in...

WPSystem Lockout

Hi, being the idiot that I am, I moved the folders "WindowsApps", "WUDownloadCache", and "SoftwareDistribution" into my WPSystem folder. Because my WPSystem folder has security measures that don't allow me to access anything inside, I cannot take these
    folders back out. The fact that these folders are in WPSystem has tampered with some of my photos and Windows10 functionality. I'd like to get them back out ASAP. Please help, thanks.

jcjonesiii, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

What can I do about the Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders being created in...

1. What can I do about the Program Files, WindowsApps and WPsystem folders being created in... - Similar Threads - Program Files WindowsApps

2. "This drive has apps from another device", but no "WindowsApps", "WpSystem" or "Program...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This drive has apps from another device", but no "WindowsApps", "WpSystem" or "Program...: Hello,I recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my computer due to some problems. Before the reinstallation I physically removed my D drive, which contained some Microsoft Store applications from my previous version of Windows.Following reinstallation, I reconnected the disk and...
  3. What is WpSystem folder? Is it safe to delete it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is WpSystem folder? Is it safe to delete it?: [ATTACH]While deleting some files from the hard drive, some users have found a folder named WpSystem. According to them, they did not create this folder on their hard drives. Most of them have found this folder on the drive other than the C drive. If you are wondering what...
  4. My WindowsApps folder is extremely huge, what can I do about it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My WindowsApps folder is extremely huge, what can I do about it?: So my hard drive is about 931GB however most of it is used by the WindowsApps which occupies 528 GB. I have no idea why it is so huge. But I'd like to check if I could erase a couple things because that's way to much space for that folder. [IMG]...
  5. DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...

DeliveryOptimization, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders suddenly appearing in root of...: I have a secondary drive D: in my PC - it's a hard disk but it's not the system drive which is the C: drive. All of a sudden, after years of using Windows 10 on this computer, new system folders are appearing in the root of this secondary drive. The folders are...
  6. Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.

Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.: Let me just state that not giving users full control of their PC is absolutely **** unacceptable. What the **** is Microsoft thinking? Second, yes. I've tried changing permissions, it doesn't always work. Microsoft needs to unfuck the condescending view they have of their...
  7. deleted the "Windowsapps" folder in C:\Program Files... What now?

deleted the "Windowsapps" folder in C:\Program Files... What now?: I thought the WindowsApps folder was useless and backed it up and forcefully deleted it but then I just realised that it's very important for computers. Multiple apps have been forcefully uninstalled and because of that, my computer is a little broken probably very. I...
  8. WpSystem folder

WpSystem folder: I am planning on cloning my windows drive to a different hard drive. As i was clearing off the drive i am going to clone windows to, there was one folder which didn't move. It is the WpSystem folder. When i attempted to move it, it said "your organization does not allow...
  9. What is Program Files>WindowsApps>Deleted for? Can I get rid of it?

What is Program Files>WindowsApps>Deleted for? Can I get rid of it?: [ATTACH] I have limited drive space on my work laptop and I want to get rid of this or at least reduce its size. How can I accomplish this? As much as I would like to buy a larger drive, that is not really an option at the moment....
  10. I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders

in Windows 10 Support
    I can see "WindowsApps" and "WpSystem (Package)" folders: Hi, I think it's strange. In my C: these folders are protected, I cannot go inside them. Also, I know that Microsoft don't want users to go inside the folders related to the Modern App. I have many Modern Apps that are located to D: Today, I discovered that I have...