Windows 10: What can I do if I can't download anything without it failing the virus scan this includes...

Discus and support What can I do if I can't download anything without it failing the virus scan this includes... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't download anything onto my computer without it failing the virus scan. I can't even download images and pictures without it failing. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IsisStacy, Jun 8, 2020.

1. IsisStacy Win User

What can I do if I can't download anything without it failing the virus scan this includes...

I can't download anything onto my computer without it failing the virus scan. I can't even download images and pictures without it failing. I've tried everything but I just can't seem to make it work. I have a Windows 10 computer that's from ASUS. I can't seem to install anything at all. Even if I use a different browser, it fails the virus scan. I have no idea how to fix it. Please help since this could cause many issues for when I have to download important files for school.

:)

IsisStacy, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Niarod Win User

Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Kath UP Win User
    'Virus scan failed' message

Yes, I use Chrome. I've received several emails with Word doc attachments or google docs attached and I get the message "Failed - Virus scan failed"

I tried to go through the steps described by typing in regedit and going through the steps provided but that didn't solve the problem.

Kath UP, Jun 8, 2020
  4. What can I do if I can't download anything without it failing the virus scan this includes...

FAILED VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Anytime I try to download something be a document or a program I get an error message: Failed, Virus scan failed. how to fix?

Wendi Sharp, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

What can I do if I can't download anything without it failing the virus scan this includes...

1. What can I do if I can't download anything without it failing the virus scan this includes... - Similar Threads - can't download anything

2. I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed: For month on and off I go through periods of receiving virus scan has failed and it messes with everything including my downloading of file through dropbox. I use the most up to date version of chrome, my computer is updated, virus protection is through windows and is on and...
  3. I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed: For month on and off I go through periods of receiving virus scan has failed and it messes with everything including my downloading of file through dropbox. I use the most up to date version of chrome, my computer is updated, virus protection is through windows and is on and...
  4. can't download, virus scan failed, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download, virus scan failed, how do I fix it?: When I try to download a document, I get the message , "virus scan failed"How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-virus-scan-failed-how-do-i-fix-it/c8d61029-1aea-4b31-9022-85463777a639
  5. can't download, virus scan failed, how do I fix it?

can't download, virus scan failed, how do I fix it?: When I try to download a document, I get the message , "virus scan failed"How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-virus-scan-failed-how-do-i-fix-it/c8d61029-1aea-4b31-9022-85463777a639
  6. I can't download anything - the message is just 'couldn't download - virus scan failed'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't download anything - the message is just 'couldn't download - virus scan failed': All of a sudden I can't download anything - the message is just 'couldn't download - virus scan failed'. It happens for everything I try even pictures I have previously downloaded. I cant find any way to switch it off or look at the settings. Can anyone help please?...
  7. I can't download anything no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything no matter what I do: No matter what i try, I can't download anything. It just says "Virus scan failed" and nothing else every time, I primarily use Chrome but I've tried Edge too the only other browser installed and the problem persists. I've deleted Mcafee, Windows Security is disabled, and I've...
  8. I can't download anything no matter what I do

I can't download anything no matter what I do: No matter what i try, I can't download anything. It just says "Virus scan failed" and nothing else every time, I primarily use Chrome but I've tried Edge too the only other browser installed and the problem persists. I've deleted Mcafee, Windows Security is disabled, and I've...
  9. I can't download anything no matter what I do

10. Unable to download anything! Failed - Virus Scan failed

Unable to download anything! Failed - Virus Scan failed: Hi! I am unable to download anything, no photos, no document. When I try to download I get this message: "Failed - Virus Scan failed".I have no idea what to do. Please help!...