Windows 10: What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen?

Discus and support What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen? Windows 7 upgraded to 10... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dana LWhitman, Dec 12, 2019.

1. What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen?

What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen?

Windows 7 upgraded to 10

:)

Dana LWhitman, Dec 12, 2019

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Dec 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 12, 2019
  4. What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen?

Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen?

1. What can i do if I have forgotten my password for Windows startup screen? - Similar Threads - forgotten password startup

2. What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...: I have recently got a new pc and have forgotten my microsoft password so I have been using the single sign in use code and I didn't know that there was a limit to them, so when they stopped working I tried remembering my password and have locked my account. What can I do?...
  3. What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do if I have locked my account due to a forgotten password and I have already used...: I have recently got a new pc and have forgotten my microsoft password so I have been using the single sign in use code and I didn't know that there was a limit to them, so when they stopped working I tried remembering my password and have locked my account. What can I do?...
  4. I have forgotten the Windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten the Windows password: I have forgotten the Windows password local account, And I am currently accessing Windows using a PIN CODE. Is there a way to recover the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-the-windows-password/d8c5663e-3a72-425e-8ed9-3729beb73964
  5. I have forgotten the Windows password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have forgotten the Windows password: I have forgotten the Windows password local account, And I am currently accessing Windows using a PIN CODE. Is there a way to recover the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-the-windows-password/d8c5663e-3a72-425e-8ed9-3729beb73964
  6. What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do I do if I have forgotten my computer administrator password?: I forgot my computer's administrator password. The account is not linked with Microsoft, so I can't reset it from there. I have a local account but there are many restrictions. I can't run some apps and all of my files are in the admin account. I've tried going into safe mode...
  7. Please I have forgotten my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Please I have forgotten my password: Please i have forgotten my password and i am stuck in safe mode on my laptop so i used my mum's phone can you help me get out using a different way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-have-forgotten-my-password/a79627be-0fdb-49c5-ae40-78ae2e505ca3
  8. I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?: I have forgotten my login password. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-login-password-what-do-i-do/26ac4897-ac0f-41bf-8922-08a6e242664e
  9. I have forgotten my laptop's password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have forgotten my laptop's password: Hello, I changed my laptop's password one month ago. I haven't used my laptop for 15 days because of my study. I turn on my laptop today but I can't get access to it because I forgot my password. I won't afford to lose my data, this is very essential to me. Please help me....
  10. How can I reset my forgotten password on my laptop with Windows 10? I do not have the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I reset my forgotten password on my laptop with Windows 10? I do not have the...: I need to reset my password but do not have the required thumb drive. It is for my laptop running Windows 10 without a Microsoft account....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ive forgotten my Windows start up password