Windows 10: What can I do if my computer is not taking the scrolling command from my mouse?

Discus and support What can I do if my computer is not taking the scrolling command from my mouse? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I'm using the scroll wheel on my mouse, it doesn't do anything, it won't move any of the pages up or down. I tried cleaning it and that didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UrbanerLemur87, May 15, 2022.

1. What can I do if my computer is not taking the scrolling command from my mouse?

Whenever I'm using the scroll wheel on my mouse, it doesn't do anything, it won't move any of the pages up or down. I tried cleaning it and that didn't work. I tried using a different mouse AND IT STILL ISN'T WORKING! So, at this point I'm thinking it's the computer's fault. But apparently, I'm the only person in the world who has this problem, so what am I supposed to do now?

:)

UrbanerLemur87, May 15, 2022

2. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, May 15, 2022
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Mouse scrolles up when im scrolling down

There may be an issue with the driver of your mouse that is why you're encountering difficulties when scrolling. We suggest that you uninstall the driver of your mouse, and then restart the computer to re-install the driver. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • On the Device Manager window, double-click Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click the mouse driver, and then click Uninstall.
    • On the prompt window, click the check box and click OK.
    • Turn off the computer by pressing the ALT and F4
      buttons together, and then press Enter. Please take note that you may need to press the buttons twice for you to see the window that will allow you to turn off the computer.
    • After turning off the computer, turn it on after 10 seconds.
    • Check if you can scroll properly.

Kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, May 15, 2022
  4. What can I do if my computer is not taking the scrolling command from my mouse?

How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

I have a new computer (Dell) and have never before had a PC (Macs only). I connected my favorite mouse, a Logitech M325, and it's working in the normal way. But I want to change the scroll direction to Natural Scrolling - what I'm used to. I've followed the directions available online. Under Mice - Hardware in Control Panel, there's just one mouse listed, an HID-Compliant mouse. First, I assumed that was the one I was using, so I changed it. Turns out that applied to the wired mouse that came with the computer and its scroll direction was successfully changed, as I found out when I plugged it back in. So these directions would work with my computer, but my mouse just isn't showing up as an HID-compliant mouse in the Mice area. I think I found it though...listed as a keyboard. And keyboards don't appear to have a path with a numeric string where I could change the digit to reverse scrolling. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the scrolling - either how to get my mouse to show up in the Control Panel as a mouse, or a work-around. Thanks.

salishsong, May 15, 2022
Thema:

What can I do if my computer is not taking the scrolling command from my mouse?

1. What can I do if my computer is not taking the scrolling command from my mouse? - Similar Threads - computer taking scrolling

2. I do not have sound on my computer, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not have sound on my computer, what can I do?: I do not have sound on my computer, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-sound-on-my-computer-what-can-i-do/dd0fe242-c985-4b9e-84a9-38e85869b647
  3. I do not have sound on my computer, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not have sound on my computer, what can I do?: I do not have sound on my computer, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-have-sound-on-my-computer-what-can-i-do/dd0fe242-c985-4b9e-84a9-38e85869b647
  4. what can i do to fix my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what can i do to fix my computer: when i start my computer op all the lights on the motherboard blinks in the sequence of red orange white and then green before it starts op normally but it is still much more slower than it should be i have tried everything reinstalling windows typing every command in cmd...
  5. what can i do to fix my computer

what can i do to fix my computer: when i start my computer op all the lights on the motherboard blinks in the sequence of red orange white and then green before it starts op normally but it is still much more slower than it should be i have tried everything reinstalling windows typing every command in cmd...
  6. my computer security at a glance !!.................what can i do??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer security at a glance !!.................what can i do??: my computer security at a glancewhat can i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-security-at-a-glance-what-can-i-do/f0500c6a-9f94-4525-aadf-e541e5c77188
  7. What can I do if my computer is not taking the scrolling command from my mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do if my computer is not taking the scrolling command from my mouse?: Whenever I'm using the scroll wheel on my mouse, it doesn't do anything, it won't move any of the pages up or down. I tried cleaning it and that didn't work. I tried using a different mouse AND IT STILL ISN'T WORKING! So, at this point I'm thinking it's the computer's fault....
  8. What can I do if my computer is not taking the scrolling command from my mouse?

What can I do if my computer is not taking the scrolling command from my mouse?: Whenever I'm using the scroll wheel on my mouse, it doesn't do anything, it won't move any of the pages up or down. I tried cleaning it and that didn't work. I tried using a different mouse AND IT STILL ISN'T WORKING! So, at this point I'm thinking it's the computer's fault....
  9. My mouse keeps scrolling, what else can I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse keeps scrolling, what else can I do?: For the last few hours my mouse which is a wireless Logitech has become unresponsive on dropdown keys and webpages and will continually scroll down to the bottom on some pages or will scroll to the top on others. I have down all the things mircosoft says to do such as...
  10. How do I change my mouse to reverse scroll?!?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change my mouse to reverse scroll?!?!?!?!: pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-change-my-mouse-to-reverse-scroll/92ca5b1e-3300-41bb-ac10-75a496d75bfe