Windows 10: What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific?

Discus and support What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have gone into Settings and tried setting in manually, tried telling it to set it automatically, no matter what I try, when I exit settings it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Keith64, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Keith64 Win User

What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific?

I have gone into Settings and tried setting in manually, tried telling it to set it automatically, no matter what I try, when I exit settings it reverts back to Pacific time.

:)

Keith64, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Xavier CE Win User

Time Zone keeps changing from Eastern to Pacific on my brand new laptop

I bought a brand new laptop two days ago, and even though I set the time zone to Eastern time, it keeps changing back to Pacific. I tried setting it manually, and it goes back on its own. When I set time zone to automatic it sets it to Pacific. I checked
    Windows Time in Services and I made sure Windows Time was set to automatic and that it was running. No matter what I do, my Time Zone goes back to Pacific time. In the PowerShell photo below you see as it was originally, and then after changing it back to
    Eastern time; it immediately went back to Pacific. Below that photo is my Windows version.

What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific? 16bc4ea3-d756-466a-87e1-a25a2cdeb112?upload=true.jpg

What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific? 6aacc530-4211-4b0d-a105-660c5693f656?upload=true.jpg

Xavier CE, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Time Zone keeps changing from Eastern to Pacific on my brand new laptop

Hi, Xavier. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I am here to work with you on this issue.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device or app won't work in the way it should.

Please try the following steps:

-Disabling Set time zone automatically

1. Press Win + I (or click the Start menu and select Settings)

2. Click on Time & Language.

3. Click on Date & time.

4. Turn on the Set time zone automatically toggle switch.

-Setting time zone via PowerShell

1. Press Win + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin)

2. Type the following command and note the time zone that you want to use and press Enter:

Get-TimeZone -ListAvailable

3. Type the following command to set the new time zone and press Enter:

Set-TimeZone -Name "Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada)"

In the command, make sure to change "Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada)" with the correct time zone that you noted in step No. 4. Also, make sure to type the full name exactly as shown in PowerShell.

4. Type the following command to confirm the time zone was updated successfully and press Enter:

Get-TimeZone

I hope this helps! Please let me know if that works for you, ok?

Leonardo Penha Mesquita, Dec 28, 2020
  4. What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific?

How do i change my time zone from pacific to eastern?

Does not work just goes back to Pacific time zone

BillAntoniadis, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific?

1. What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific? - Similar Threads - convince computer Eastern

2. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-time-zone-keeps-switching-to-pacific-from/4387784e-0d89-4e19-b441-682e59a70dc0
  3. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-time-zone-keeps-switching-to-pacific-from/4387784e-0d89-4e19-b441-682e59a70dc0
  4. Why does: Time zone keeps switching to pacific from eastern.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.: My Windows 10 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  6. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.: My Windows 10 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  7. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

8. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  9. Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern

Adjust Time Zone Automatically keeps changing time zone to Pacific Time from Eastern: I am running Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2. After a recent Windows Update withiin the last week this problem started happening: I am located in UTC-05:00 Eastern Time US & Canada, however, with Adjust Time Zone Automatically turned on, my computer keeps reverting to UTC-08:00...
  10. How do i change my time zone from pacific to eastern?

How do i change my time zone from pacific to eastern?: Just bought a new laptop and can't change my time zone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-time-zone-from-pacific-to/1d5798bd-6f51-4fde-a84a-f71bca90570e