Windows 10: What can I do to fix the trouble shooting message: my printer USB Composite Device can't...

Discus and support What can I do to fix the trouble shooting message: my printer USB Composite Device can't... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried every suggested fix with no luck. Please help! Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SusanWhiteley1, May 31, 2019.

1. What can I do to fix the trouble shooting message: my printer USB Composite Device can't...

I have tried every suggested fix with no luck.

Please help!

Thanks.

:)

SusanWhiteley1, May 31, 2019

2. Why do I Have to Apply a FIX to the USB COMPOSITE DEVICE ever time I connect the USB cable from my Brothers MFC 4800 Printer

You are going down the wrong path.. My question was " Why ... If I have to apply a FIX based on WIndows 10 Trouble Shooting software, that the FIX to the driver software is not kept for the USB Composite Device . The FIX changes the MFC 4800 from a scanner
    to a printer, even though this device(MFC 4800) is both a scanner and printer. Without the FIX it is setup as a scanner USB Composite device.

TrickyDickel, May 31, 2019
  3. USB COMPOSITE DEVICE FOR MY LEXMARK PRINTER FAILS AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

Hi Janeane

Unfortunately, the three options you suggested did not resolve my problem of “communicating to the printer.”

To answer your questions:

• Do you see any exclamation or error in the Device Manager? None
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows
      #16299.248 version 1709
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
      After each automatic update I’ve gone to the printer manager and tried to test print with the same response of “trouble communicating with the printer.” Running the printer trouble shooting prompt indicated that “USB composite device is an older USB device
      and might not work with USB 3.0. When I unistalled the update, my printer would run properly.
    • Have you installed the latest drivers for your Printer?
      To my knowledge I have the latest drivers for Windows 10.
    I have installed Lexmarks universal print driver and will follow up after I restart system.

Same results...Apparently there is no fix and I suppose I must buy a new printer! I have spent more time in trying to resolve this issue than it is worth! Thanks for trying to help.

RobertCicha, May 31, 2019
  4. What can I do to fix the trouble shooting message: my printer USB Composite Device can't...

printer - cant use usb composite device with usb 3.0

I am trying to use my printer but it is saying cant use usb composite device with usb 3.0 any idea how to rectify this, I am not very computer literate so easy solutions plz lol, my laptop is a leveno idea my printer is HP deskjet 1010 if this means anything.
    After trouble shooting it says if the usb 2.0 device is incompatible with usb 3.0 plugging it in to a 2.0 port can solve the problem, no idea what this means.

<Original Title: printer>

JulieAmbler, May 31, 2019
Thema:

What can I do to fix the trouble shooting message: my printer USB Composite Device can't...

1. What can I do to fix the trouble shooting message: my printer USB Composite Device can't... - Similar Threads - fix trouble shooting

2. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  3. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  4. Trouble-shooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble-shooting: Why does Microsoft refuse to solve problems created by unwanted, unsolicited updates? Or let someone share an effective solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-shooting/91613b6f-a734-4056-bc97-89ebd6b0d83c
  5. Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device: It all started when I tried to connect my iphone to my pc. The Driver wasn't getting installed. When I tried to install it with various means, with and without having iTunes installed, I got "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver for your device" and "One of...
  6. usb not detecting cant trouble shoot

usb not detecting cant trouble shoot: I have looked everywhere in settings & control panel, & there is no longer a troubleshooter for hardware & devices. All of the other troubleshoot options are still listed , & there is no "view all." In 1803 I could access it in " update & security" then chose "troubleshoot" &...
  7. No audio output device is installed - trouble shooting not fixing the issue

No audio output device is installed - trouble shooting not fixing the issue: Hello, I purchased this PC a few months ago, and suddenly at one point the audio is completely absent. Instead of a volume control icon, it reads "no audio output device is installed" with a red x. This has been rather sporadic over time: whenever my PC is rebooted, it...
  8. my HP printer error message - can't use usb composite device properly with usb 3.0

my HP printer error message - can't use usb composite device properly with usb 3.0: I have a long standing and tedious problem that keeps coming back and I really don't understand why it happens from time to time, I am a disabled person and the thoughts of unplugging/uninstalling hardware is a bit scary so could do with some easy fix ideas, I am sure it's...
  9. on devices & printers, my desktop has a message: status driver error. what can I do to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    on devices & printers, my desktop has a message: status driver error. what can I do to...: I have an Asus M32cd desktop 64 bit with Windows 10. Today I opened devices & printers and next to the image of my desktop the was a gold triangular icon. Next to that were the words, status Driver error and below that there was the letter K. The computer works normally....
  10. No audio output device is installed - trouble shooting not fixing the issue

No audio output device is installed - trouble shooting not fixing the issue: Hello, I purchased this PC a few months ago, and suddenly at one point the audio is completely absent. It reads "no audio output device is installed". At first, this would happen sporadically: sometimes the PC would boot up with audio, sometimes not. But recently, its...