Windows 10: What can i do to improve my gaming performance?

Discus and support What can i do to improve my gaming performance? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My specs are, Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 2.99 GHz Installed Ram: 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable) System Type: 64-bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kingdark519, Sep 7, 2018.

1. What can i do to improve my gaming performance?

My specs are,

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU E8400 @

3.00GHz 2.99 GHz

Installed Ram: 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1803

OS Build: 17134.228

My framerate gets choppy on almost every game, I don't know anything about computers so any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

kingdark519, Sep 7, 2018

2. Disable app to help improve performance

Hi Kenneth,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Which is the app you wish to disable to improve performance?

I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue.
    Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.
    I suggest you to refer the below article and check if you are able to improve performance.

Note: The below link applies well to Windows 10 also.

Performance & maintenance

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Performance

Hi Ravivarma,

Since you are still experiencing the same issue even after performing a clean boot, you can check and follow the steps provided on this
    link. The tips on the link are listed in order, so we suggest that you start with the first one. If the issue
    persists, proceed to the next method.

Should you have further concerns, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

What can i do to improve my gaming performance?

Improve PC performance after update

Hi,

If your system encountered significant performance issues after applying an update, I recommend that you go through the recommendations provided in this support article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know the result of each steps and what helped the most to improve the performance of your PC.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

What can i do to improve my gaming performance?

1. What can i do to improve my gaming performance? - Similar Threads - improve gaming performance

2. How can I improve my laptop performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I improve my laptop performance?: Hi! I need help. My laptop is HP LAPTOP-KFO9I0R1. It's Intel 8th gen and core i5. It has a 4RAM 3.89 gb usable 64 bit OS x64BPMy laptop was very slow. I need to wait at least 2 minutes before my edge will open and then wait another minute for it to load fully. So, I remove...
  3. How can I improve my laptop performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I improve my laptop performance?: Hi! I need help. My laptop is HP LAPTOP-KFO9I0R1. It's Intel 8th gen and core i5. It has a 4RAM 3.89 gb usable 64 bit OS x64BPMy laptop was very slow. I need to wait at least 2 minutes before my edge will open and then wait another minute for it to load fully. So, I remove...
  4. How can I improve my laptop performance?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?: So I have an Optiplex 990, intel i5 2500, and it's horrendously slow when I pull up ANY kind of game, the FPS goes to 3, or sometimes less than one frame per second. I don't think this is a problem with my desktop because its performance in normal use does not match up to...
  6. What should I do to improve performance for gaming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should I do to improve performance for gaming?: I saw that disabling Microsoft Update and Defender helps for a slight performance upgrade, what else should I do? And is there anyway to temporarily disable it via a batch file please? Thanks in advance :) submitted by /u/AAAAAshwin [link] [comments]...
  7. Improve the performance of my PC

Improve the performance of my PC: I recently noticed that my PC ran a lot slower and could run fewer apps than before. I opened the task manager while having no apps runningeven in the system tray, and I noticed I was using around 50% of my 8GB of RAM. I scrolled through the list of processes and background...
  8. How can I improve my PC's gaming performance?

How can I improve my PC's gaming performance?: Hello I am currently using a lenovo ideapad 520s to play fortnite. I have to cap my fps at 30 because if I increase it I get lag spikes. Does anyone know how I can improve my computer's gaming performance?...
  9. Improve performance

Improve performance: Very slow pc. How do I improve performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-performance/870b638c-8473-4024-b0c2-297850f670c4
  10. How can I improve the performance of my PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I improve the performance of my PC?: So I just did a System Reset on my Laptop PC. Now I need to speed up it's performance. How can I do this? 38033