Windows 10: What can I do to locate a stolen laptop

Discus and support What can I do to locate a stolen laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What if anything can i do to locate my laptop that was stolen from my home. Is there anyway I can track the location if they erased my account and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StacyHowell-White, May 12, 2019.

1. What can I do to locate a stolen laptop

What if anything can i do to locate my laptop that was stolen from my home. Is there anyway I can track the location if they erased my account and disabled the tracking device

:)

StacyHowell-White, May 12, 2019

2. How can I track the location of a stolen laptop, windows 10 installed on it?

Hello,

My Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series, N7537 laptop has been stolen (robed actually). I was searching a way to find it out. But, I am shocked that nothing could help me. Every solution was telling about a per-installed app. But, the thief will be formatting my
    hard-disk for sure, if he wants to use it. Is there any way to find the location of the Windows 10 Laptops? At least history. I can see, my laptop is listed in my device list of my Microsoft account.

Any sort of help to find the location of my laptop (at-least history of the location) is appreciated. Please don't suggest any Pre-installed software. You already know, I have no option to install it on my laptop.

Appreciate your help.

A. N. M. Nasimunnabi, May 12, 2019
  3. Can you locate the stolen laptop

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if you can still locate your laptop if it was stolen even though the settings on your "find your device" is off? If you can't, then is there an alternative way of locating the laptop??

Thanks. I would greatly appreciate for anyone who would respond or help.

Best,

JC

castillo.jonathannelson, May 12, 2019
  4. What can I do to locate a stolen laptop

stolen laptop

My laptop was stolen yesterday. Is there anyway to track down its location?

henderson famliy, May 12, 2019
Thema:

What can I do to locate a stolen laptop

1. What can I do to locate a stolen laptop - Similar Threads - locate stolen laptop

2. What to do when personal laptop is stolen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do when personal laptop is stolen?: My laptop was stolen yesterday Lenovo Legion with Windows 10/11 OS - don't remember exact OS. The lock and locate functions in here do not work and I cannot get in contact with support staff. Any advice on what I should do to secure my things? The laptop contains limited...
  3. What to do when personal laptop is stolen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do when personal laptop is stolen?: My laptop was stolen yesterday Lenovo Legion with Windows 10/11 OS - don't remember exact OS. The lock and locate functions in here do not work and I cannot get in contact with support staff. Any advice on what I should do to secure my things? The laptop contains limited...
  4. Locating stolen laptops. Message error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locating stolen laptops. Message error: Good day.I have been trying to use the "locate my device" function to find my stolen laptops. On the first day, it couldn't locate it. I understand this only happens when it is turned on and has an internet signal. I used the lock my device function at this time which...
  5. Locating stolen laptops. Message error

Locating stolen laptops. Message error: Good day.I have been trying to use the "locate my device" function to find my stolen laptops. On the first day, it couldn't locate it. I understand this only happens when it is turned on and has an internet signal. I used the lock my device function at this time which...
  6. How can I locate my stolen Lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I locate my stolen Lenovo laptop?: Find the IP address for my stolen laptop? * Moved from Internet Explorer/IE11/Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-locate-my-stolen-lenovo-laptop/09b55cf7-1b0e-4f41-96b4-9c3d38b0ace0
  7. How can I locate my stolen Lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I locate my stolen Lenovo laptop?: Find the IP address for my stolen laptop? * Moved from Internet Explorer/IE11/Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-locate-my-stolen-lenovo-laptop/09b55cf7-1b0e-4f41-96b4-9c3d38b0ace0
  8. How can I locate my stolen Lenovo laptop?

9. My laptop was stolen what do I do now

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop was stolen what do I do now: My laptop was stolen today if I always delete everything including passwords forms I disabled this and used disc cleaner, delete temp files using run temp delete scan for malware, will the thief can still get the information I have type in all the sites I have visited when I...
  10. lap top was stolen how do i locate it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lap top was stolen how do i locate it: how do i locate my laptop it was stolen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lap-top-was-stolen-how-do-i-locate-it/279353f2-61d0-4348-94ba-225d952b762e"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can microsoft account track the theif location if the data is erased