Windows 10: What can I do to minimize indexing?

Discus and support What can I do to minimize indexing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Win 10 Home v2004 x64 If I exclude C:\ will I minimize indexing? I don't want faster results when I search for files. In fact I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by camelia, Aug 27, 2020.

1. camelia Win User

What can I do to minimize indexing?

Hello,

Win 10 Home v2004 x64

If I exclude C:\ will I minimize indexing?

I don't want faster results when I search for files.

In fact I would like to disable this option but is not possible, what option do I have?

Thanks

What can I do to minimize indexing? [​IMG]

:)

camelia, Aug 27, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. What can I do to minimize indexing? - Similar Threads - minimize indexing

2. Why do my games keep minimizing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my games keep minimizing?: Every 5 or so minutes, the game I am playing minimizes to the desktop. The games I play are Counter Strike 2 and Overwatch. I have turned off game mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-games-keep-minimizing/6d69db4b-50d1-49cf-8dce-013079eda910
  3. Why do my games keep minimizing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my games keep minimizing?: Every 5 or so minutes, the game I am playing minimizes to the desktop. The games I play are Counter Strike 2 and Overwatch. I have turned off game mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-my-games-keep-minimizing/6d69db4b-50d1-49cf-8dce-013079eda910
  4. Windows 11 - Impossible to make screenshots once Windows decides to automatically minimize...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Impossible to make screenshots once Windows decides to automatically minimize...: Good day,after spending months or by now years of trying to find troubleshooting or a fix - I also tried a lot of settings myself, I am close to giving up.The most simpe example I have: Trying to make a screenshot in EA FC or FIFA or WWE2K or EVEN ANY WINDOW, everything gets...
  5. Windows 11 - Impossible to make screenshots once Windows decides to automatically minimize...

Windows 11 - Impossible to make screenshots once Windows decides to automatically minimize...: Good day,after spending months or by now years of trying to find troubleshooting or a fix - I also tried a lot of settings myself, I am close to giving up.The most simpe example I have: Trying to make a screenshot in EA FC or FIFA or WWE2K or EVEN ANY WINDOW, everything gets...
  6. Windows 10 start button changes to a blue circle with 4 white squares and minimal functions...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start button changes to a blue circle with 4 white squares and minimal functions...: Hi, My windows 10 start button and for all users changes to a blue circle with 4 white squares and minimal functions on startup see image. Selecting 'Exit' returns the start button to normal with normal functionality. I’ve tried uninstalling recently installed programs and...
  7. every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes: how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-game-i-play-will-minimize-every-5-till-10/83195eb2-643c-48fc-aa38-b49c79067418
  8. every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes

every game i play will minimize every 5 till 10 minutes: how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-game-i-play-will-minimize-every-5-till-10/83195eb2-643c-48fc-aa38-b49c79067418
  9. Not able to go to desktop without minimizing every window

Not able to go to desktop without minimizing every window: I remember in the past I could click the bottom right of my screen and it would take me to desktop, now whenever I click on the bottom right of the screen it does nothing and I have to minimize every window to get to desktop...
  10. Index is not running, blue screen when under minimal load.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Index is not running, blue screen when under minimal load.: I've been trying to reset windows and it would not remove my files or reinstall windows. Also, I don't know if it's windows or part problems but when I open any game it goes straight to blue screen of death. While troubleshooting the index it said the windows search had not...