Windows 10: What can I do to stop windows from asking for permission for me to open outlook every time

Discus and support What can I do to stop windows from asking for permission for me to open outlook every time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently set up a new computer and installed office 2019. I use outlook a lot for business, especially Zoom. Now, when I try to send a Zoom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by catcapt, Apr 16, 2021.

1. catcapt Win User

What can I do to stop windows from asking for permission for me to open outlook every time

I have recently set up a new computer and installed office 2019. I use outlook a lot for business, especially Zoom. Now, when I try to send a Zoom email invite I am constantly getting a 'do you want to let this app make changes to your computer' popup. W...T.... It's not asking for admin permissions, but would it help if I just logged in as admin.

:)

catcapt, Apr 16, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Apr 16, 2021
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Apr 16, 2021
  4. What can I do to stop windows from asking for permission for me to open outlook every time

How did this get released before testing and why does it change all permissions without asking

Hi,

is the permission for the folders in your user profile shown as "read-only'?

If this is the case, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if they help:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    • This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

What can I do to stop windows from asking for permission for me to open outlook every time

1. What can I do to stop windows from asking for permission for me to open outlook every time - Similar Threads - stop asking permission

2. How to force windows defender to ask me what to do with a "Threat" every single time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force windows defender to ask me what to do with a "Threat" every single time...: As a individual who works with files that windows may see as a threat and automatically remove it is extremely annoying to have to deal with this. Is there a settings that I can choose where the files in question can be forcibly placed in quarantine and we can be asked to...
  3. How to force windows defender to ask me what to do with a "Threat" every single time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force windows defender to ask me what to do with a "Threat" every single time...: As a individual who works with files that windows may see as a threat and automatically remove it is extremely annoying to have to deal with this. Is there a settings that I can choose where the files in question can be forcibly placed in quarantine and we can be asked to...
  4. Windows is asking me for permissions for every single thing that I want to do, but I am the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is asking me for permissions for every single thing that I want to do, but I am the...: Let's say that I want to rename a folder, create a new folder or save something to my desktop: I can't, It says that for me to save to desktop I need admin, but I have administrator!. For the rest of the things, they work, but they are super annoying and i don't know how this...
  5. Windows is asking me for permissions for every single thing that I want to do, but I am the...

Windows is asking me for permissions for every single thing that I want to do, but I am the...: Let's say that I want to rename a folder, create a new folder or save something to my desktop: I can't, It says that for me to save to desktop I need admin, but I have administrator!. For the rest of the things, they work, but they are super annoying and i don't know how this...
  6. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back. im using windows...
  7. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11

Asks me for my pin every time I open a program Every time I try to open a program on windows 11: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back. im using windows...
  8. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program

Asks me for my pin every time I open a program: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back....
  9. How do I make Windows ask me what app to use every time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make Windows ask me what app to use every time?: How do I set no default for a file extension? I want for it to ask me every time which app to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-windows-ask-me-what-app-to-use-every/a4eaad0d-5750-47fe-90b1-fd22e8da6ef9
  10. Stop Win 10 from asking me to create a pin every time I reboot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stop Win 10 from asking me to create a pin every time I reboot: The 1803 build forced me to create a pin during a clean install then I deleted it after the install completed. Now it asks me to create a pin every time I boot. How do I stop this from happening on a Win 10 Home X64 system. 112281