Windows 10: What can I do when I accidentally deleted my Windows 10 Pro product key?

Discus and support What can I do when I accidentally deleted my Windows 10 Pro product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. My name is Peace and I accidentally deleted my windows 10 pro product key. 2 days ago, notification popped up. It was about my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EnkhjinEU, Jun 24, 2021.

1. EnkhjinEU Win User

What can I do when I accidentally deleted my Windows 10 Pro product key?

Hello. My name is Peace and I accidentally deleted my windows 10 pro product key. 2 days ago, notification popped up. It was about my windows activation will expire pretty soon. And I did not know what that was all about. So I asked my mom about the product key, and she said she don't know, and you can just format it. I did not wanted to do everything again from the beginning so I searched it online. And I successfully found how to find my product key. A little later I tried to activate it with the key that I found out. But it was not Activating at all. So I asked it about my frien

:)

EnkhjinEU, Jun 24, 2021

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 24, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

1. What can I do when I accidentally deleted my Windows 10 Pro product key? - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted Pro

2. What can I do to activate my windows 10 with a product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What can I do to activate my windows 10 with a product key: I bought 2 product key for windows 10. My computer is windows 10 version 22H2 OS Build 19045. 4239 and already has a product key inside that can't be activated with the error code: 0x8007232B saying it can't connect to the organization's activation server it's a computer that...
  3. I used the wrong email for my product key, what can I do to get my product key I paid for?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used the wrong email for my product key, what can I do to get my product key I paid for?: I had purchased Microsoft Pro 11 from the Microsoft store but had put my school email instead of my email address. So, I didn't get the Product Key I paid for. What can I do to get it to my email address?...
  4. I used the wrong email for my product key, what can I do to get my product key I paid for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I used the wrong email for my product key, what can I do to get my product key I paid for?: I had purchased Microsoft Pro 11 from the Microsoft store but had put my school email instead of my email address. So, I didn't get the Product Key I paid for. What can I do to get it to my email address?...
  5. What do I do if I accidentally delete windows explorer and then closed my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do if I accidentally delete windows explorer and then closed my computer?: When I try to log in it says I don’t have a pin and my finger print doesn’t work anymore and I’ve tried everything to fix it and nothing fixes it....
  6. What do I do if I accidentally delete windows explorer and then closed my computer?

What do I do if I accidentally delete windows explorer and then closed my computer?: When I try to log in it says I don’t have a pin and my finger print doesn’t work anymore and I’ve tried everything to fix it and nothing fixes it....
  7. What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek?

What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek?: What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-if-i-accidentally-delete-realtek/3340ec93-80d7-4420-9f89-4330e02c7449
  8. What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek?: What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-if-i-accidentally-delete-realtek/3340ec93-80d7-4420-9f89-4330e02c7449
  9. What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. what is the product key for windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    what is the product key for windows 10 pro: what is the product key for windows 10 pro i want to activate my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-product-key-for-windows-10-pro/eb8f2aad-da71-4b78-b4f1-ea570aae31ff"