Windows 10: What can I do with a Bogus reboot

Discus and support What can I do with a Bogus reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I do sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArneGarvander1, May 6, 2019.

1. What can I do with a Bogus reboot

I do
    sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart
    Windows and run sfc again.

I have rebooted my computer 500 times, but nothing changes. What could be wrong?

:)

ArneGarvander1, May 6, 2019
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, May 6, 2019
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, May 6, 2019
  4. Pete_sENF Win User

What can I do with a Bogus reboot

Bogus Hotmail "1 Unread" message indicator (WM 6.1)

Running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional on a Verizon Wireless XV6800 device. My phone is displaying a bogus Hotmail 1 Unread message indicator, and I can't get rid of it. When there are no unread messages, the indicator nonetheless shows on the Today screen,
    at the bottom of the main Hotmail messages screen, and also to the right of Inbox in my Hotmail folders list. So far I have cleared all of my messages, powered down, done a soft reboot, and pulled the battery. No luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Eric

Pete_sENF, May 6, 2019
Thema:

What can I do with a Bogus reboot

1. What can I do with a Bogus reboot - Similar Threads - Bogus reboot

2. My wife’s new Chromebook froze up with recycled message stating to call bogus number. Tried.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My wife’s new Chromebook froze up with recycled message stating to call bogus number. Tried.: See image. Recording repeats itself continuously. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifes-new-chromebook-froze-up-with-recycled/ef99d926-c4d6-44a9-9df2-db64b52097e8
  3. My wife’s new Chromebook froze up with recycled message stating to call bogus number. Tried.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife’s new Chromebook froze up with recycled message stating to call bogus number. Tried.: See image. Recording repeats itself continuously. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifes-new-chromebook-froze-up-with-recycled/ef99d926-c4d6-44a9-9df2-db64b52097e8
  4. My wife’s new Chromebook froze up with recycled message stating to call bogus number. Tried.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why are Microsoft allowing bogus scamming ads featuring celebrities such as Zoe Ball and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Microsoft allowing bogus scamming ads featuring celebrities such as Zoe Ball and...: Fake "Get rich quick" adverts on Microsoft start page featuring fake endorsements from famous people which are dishonest and seek to scam people. Microsoft why is this?...
  6. Why are Microsoft allowing bogus scamming ads featuring celebrities such as Zoe Ball and...

Why are Microsoft allowing bogus scamming ads featuring celebrities such as Zoe Ball and...: Fake "Get rich quick" adverts on Microsoft start page featuring fake endorsements from famous people which are dishonest and seek to scam people. Microsoft why is this?...
  7. Bogus/hacker windows-updates coming through from legit Microsoft/Windows Update Service via...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bogus/hacker windows-updates coming through from legit Microsoft/Windows Update Service via...: Hello. Microsoft experts:Had something weird happened today that I've never experienced before and I'd like to know if anybody can enlighten me on this.Usually I'm on guard for these things and normally wouldn't just indicate "go ahead", but, because this is the general time...
  8. Bogus/hacker windows-updates coming through from legit Microsoft/Windows Update Service via...

Bogus/hacker windows-updates coming through from legit Microsoft/Windows Update Service via...: Hello. Microsoft experts:Had something weird happened today that I've never experienced before and I'd like to know if anybody can enlighten me on this.Usually I'm on guard for these things and normally wouldn't just indicate "go ahead", but, because this is the general time...
  9. Bogus Popup Ad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bogus Popup Ad: All of a sudden, when I try to view TV online, by using the guide from Spectrum TV, I get a porup ad saying that I need to update my securuty software and to click on the “Upgrade Now” button.I do not have any addiional security software installed on my laptop and certainly...
  10. Bogus Popup Ad

Bogus Popup Ad: All of a sudden, when I try to view TV online, by using the guide from Spectrum TV, I get a porup ad saying that I need to update my securuty software and to click on the “Upgrade Now” button.I do not have any addiional security software installed on my laptop and certainly...