Windows 10: What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space...

Discus and support What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I keep getting a low disk space warning on the system reserved D drive. This laptop was originally a family member. I`d like to have a partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mloc33, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Mloc33 Win User

What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space...

Hi,

I keep getting a low disk space warning on the system reserved D drive.
    This laptop was originally a family member.

I`d like to have a partition for just the OS/programs and then another for downloads, what`s the best way to go about this?

I`ll post a screen shot of my partitions..

Thanks.
    What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space... [​IMG]

:)

Mloc33, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Mloc33 Win User

Hi,

I keep getting a low disk space warning on the system reserved D drive.
    This laptop was originally a family member.

I`d like to have a partition for just the OS/programs and then another for downloads, what`s the best way to go about this?

I`ll post a screen shot of my partitions..

Thanks.
    What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space... [​IMG]

Mloc33, May 23, 2020
  3. low disk space

Here are a few obvious options:

1. Delete unneeded things.
    2. Increase your partition size.
    3. Replace the disk with a larger one.

Frederik Long, May 23, 2020
  4. Garyw Win User

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Here are some ideas: Low disk warning - Use disk management to remove the drive letter only. You can also shrink Partition C or E to create a new partition for downloads.

Gary

Garyw, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space... - Similar Threads - partitions I`m getting

2. low disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    low disk space: I am getting low disk space warning even after disk cleanup, deleting almost everything from my laptop, doing disk repair, and optimizing. Still getting low disk space message....
  3. Low Disk Space Message What To Do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low Disk Space Message What To Do?: About a week ago I started getting notifications of Low Disk SpaceI freed up some space by uninstalling some unused programs and deleting some temporary files, how it didn't help and the notification keeps showing. It now says that I have only 3MB of free space on Drive C:,...
  4. Low Disk Space Message What To Do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low Disk Space Message What To Do?: About a week ago I started getting notifications of Low Disk SpaceI freed up some space by uninstalling some unused programs and deleting some temporary files, how it didn't help and the notification keeps showing. It now says that I have only 3MB of free space on Drive C:,...
  5. Low disk space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low disk space: I keep on getting low disk space warning for the C: drive. I've used the disk clean up but still does not work. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space/04337c13-2d8b-4b62-915b-1ec34b2886c1
  6. What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What can I do with these partitions, I`m getting low disk space...: Hi, I keep getting a low disk space warning on the system reserved D drive. This laptop was originally a family member. I`d like to have a partition for just the OS/programs and then another for downloads, what`s the best way to go about this? I`ll post a screen shot of my...
  7. what can i do to free up disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what can i do to free up disk space: what steps do I need to take,to free up disk space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-do-to-free-up-disk-space/4bc8559d-080a-4aac-bf70-c76769b09633
  8. low disk space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    low disk space: how to clean recovery d says low disk space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space/ab73aaab-ff7a-4941-b237-bcca214b7abd
  9. Low disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low disk space: How do I solve the low disk space problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-disk-space/7cfc69d7-aae4-46a2-b55a-5edc52941cb4
  10. Disk space problem, do I extend partition?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk space problem, do I extend partition?: Hi everyone, not sure why I keep getting the error message on my new laptop that space is running out. Please see below and advise if possible. Thanks [img] 114351