Windows 10: What can I use to save open apps/windows and their positions so that I can open everything...

Discus and support What can I use to save open apps/windows and their positions so that I can open everything... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I'm trying to get to a solution in which I can somehow, with one click, tell my computer to open 3 different apps, each in a particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/COHERENCE_CROQUETTE, Feb 11, 2021.

1. What can I use to save open apps/windows and their positions so that I can open everything...

Hello!

I'm trying to get to a solution in which I can somehow, with one click, tell my computer to open 3 different apps, each in a particular position and size on the screen, so I can start working on my task immediately with as little friction as possible.

Maybe I can save the way my windows are laid out (which programs are open, and where), and then retrieve this setup somehow?

Currently I'm using PowerToys' Fancy Zones feature to lay out where I want the windows to be, but this still leaves out having to navigate to the Virtual Desktop where the layout is saved, opening the apps manually, and then dragging them to their zones so they snap in place.

What other software could I use to optimize this?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/COHERENCE_CROQUETTE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/COHERENCE_CROQUETTE, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Save Window Position

Hi Shane,

Saving the window size/position when opening a message to a new window is easy. Simply follow the steps below on how to do so:

• Open a message in a new window.
    • Press and hold the Ctrl button on your keyboard and click on the
      X button at upper right corner of the window to close it.
    • When you open a message in another window, the size/position of the window should be saved.
    If you have other questions, do let us know.

Dyan Rey, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Saving windows position

Hi Christoffer,

I've tried to replicate what you want to achieve. I tested a few Windows apps (Weather app, Paint app, and Skype app) and I was able to set the size and the position of each app. When I close and open an app, it opens right where I placed its floating window.
    You may follow these steps:

1. Open an app or a program.
    2. Resize its window according to your preferrence.
    3. Right-click on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Size to lock the window size.
    4. Move the window to your desired position.
    5. Right-click again on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Move to lock its position.
    6. Close the app or program and then relaunch it.

Please let me know how it goes for you so I'll be able to further check on this in case the above steps won't help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

What can I use to save open apps/windows and their positions so that I can open everything...

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. What can I use to save open apps/windows and their positions so that I can open everything... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

What can I use to save open apps/windows and their positions so that I can open everything...

1. What can I use to save open apps/windows and their positions so that I can open everything... - Similar Threads - save open apps

2. I can click on apps but they do not open and i can only open my files?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can click on apps but they do not open and i can only open my files?!: I recently completely restarted my brothers old pc and i had it all perfect until i wanted to put my games on to it, now i cant open anything and i have tried everything! Please any help would be appreciated!!!...
  3. I can click on apps but they do not open and i can only open my files?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can click on apps but they do not open and i can only open my files?!: I recently completely restarted my brothers old pc and i had it all perfect until i wanted to put my games on to it, now i cant open anything and i have tried everything! Please any help would be appreciated!!!...
  4. I can not open windows antivirus on windows 11.What can i do?

I can not open windows antivirus on windows 11.What can i do?: I have tried every method I have seen online and nothing seems to work.Do i need to reinstall windows or is there another way?IThank you in advance....
  5. Why deos Mail app open so often? What can I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why deos Mail app open so often? What can I do?: The Mail app reopens automatically very often, what shall I do?Any solutions?Thanks, PHJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-deos-mail-app-open-so-often-what-can-i-do/59a2174a-3c75-49e1-8818-d3f7dabbfe06
  6. Why deos Mail app open so often? What can I do?

Why deos Mail app open so often? What can I do?: The Mail app reopens automatically very often, what shall I do?Any solutions?Thanks, PHJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-deos-mail-app-open-so-often-what-can-i-do/59a2174a-3c75-49e1-8818-d3f7dabbfe06
  7. Open .amr files and saving so I can listen on Windodws 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open .amr files and saving so I can listen on Windodws 10: How can I open .amr audio files on Windows 10 so that I can hear them, save them.Alternatively, is there a file type I could extract or auto convert them to in Windows 10 and if so how would I do that.Thank for any help offered...
  8. Open .amr files and saving so I can listen on Windodws 10

Open .amr files and saving so I can listen on Windodws 10: How can I open .amr audio files on Windows 10 so that I can hear them, save them.Alternatively, is there a file type I could extract or auto convert them to in Windows 10 and if so how would I do that.Thank for any help offered...
  9. Open .amr files and saving so I can listen on Windodws 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. what can i not open microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    what can i not open microsoft store: why can I not open my Microsoft store in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-not-open-microsoft-store/2e87ea03-67e5-4161-be67-77c3e35b6304"