Windows 10: what can stop you from receiving mail ?

Discus and support what can stop you from receiving mail ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am not receiving mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-stop-you-from-receiving-mail/718fdd65-0381-4451-925f-e0b15a8b8552 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bill 443, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Bill 443 Win User

what can stop you from receiving mail ?

I am not receiving mail

:)

Bill 443, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. what can stop you from receiving mail ? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Outlook mail stopped receiving mail

Hi Tully

When you say Outlook do you mean Outlook 20xx, Outlook the app or web mail at Outlook.com.

Plenty of problems problems with email this week, Outlook.com (hotmail, live, msn) had a huge issue March 7th and I know Gmail also had some issues as my phone wouldn't connect to gmail.

The way I resolved, I went through the logging in / setup process. Now I will note, I use two step verification on my Outlook.com account and when I set it up originally on phone I had to use an app password, which is not my normal web log in password. It wouldn't accept my app password and so I had to use my normal password. My Outlook 2013 had no issues.

So depending on mail service used, gmail or Outlook.com, i would go through that set up process, even if just to test send / receive.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Mustang Win User

Yahoo account won't receive mail

I've started using Mail app in Wndows 10 on a trial basis, on my desktop PC.

I've added my Yahoo mail account and can send emails but cannot receive them.

I tried using a solution offered in a post on another thread, by logging into my Yahoo account, and going to security to add a specific password for my account for apps, but cannot find any option to do this.

The only option it offers is to use/disable less secure options.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Mail started being received 30 minutes after I had sent it from another email client.

Gripes about Mail app:

• Emails can't be saved to desktop
    • Font defaults can't be set size and text chosen, eg Arial

Mustang, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. what can stop you from receiving mail ? - Similar Threads - stop receiving mail

2. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  3. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live mail can receive but not send: live mail can receive but not send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-can-receive-but-not-send/80d4cdaf-a41b-4870-83ed-a42b525f2d02
  4. live mail can receive but not send

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive

mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive: mail/outlook mail: I can send BUT can NOT receive. What is the remedy? thanks jp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mailoutlook-mail/8fd6a777-8d82-4ca3-9c0a-cb090ddac574
  6. not receiving mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    not receiving mail: Refers to microsoft windows mail I was using outlook 2007 but decided to progress to Microsoft Mail win10 I have opened 2 accounts gmail and an internet provider and linked them. However, I see only the gmail mails. Since I don't know whether the 2nd was opened as a POP or...
  7. Mail not receiving

Mail not receiving: Hi, I've set up an IMAP email account in Windows 10 mail application. Ive successfully tested the outbound email traffic but nothing is incoming. The senders are all receiving Failure Notices. There is no explanation in the returned emails other than to say Sorry, we...
  8. Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can send but not receive mail in WindowsLive Mail 2012: I receive and send emails using Windows Live Mail 2012. Those emails are first received at aol.com, then forwarded to my Windows Live Mail 2012 program. As of yesterday, I've been able to send outgoing emails, but no longer receive incoming emails. When I visit my account at...
  9. Can not receive Mail

Can not receive Mail: Hi. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10 Mail a number of times, have also reset my computer, but I still can not receive emails. I can send emails. Things are getting urgent. Regards. John Rance....
  10. Outlook mail stopped receiving mail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook mail stopped receiving mail: All: I just didn't think I was getting mail for a couple of days! So I sent several Emails to him & didn't get an answer! The I received phone call from him which was unusual as he lives in the US Virgin Island & I live I Ireland! He said he was getting my Emails,...