Windows 10: what can you expect from a licenced reseller with regard to windows 10 pro

Discus and support what can you expect from a licenced reseller with regard to windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I do not want to have issues if I change the HDD or re-install windows from scratch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Julian Strickland, Sep 4, 2020.

1. what can you expect from a licenced reseller with regard to windows 10 pro

I do not want to have issues if I change the HDD or re-install windows from scratch

:)

Julian Strickland, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Delvad Win User

Legit reseller of Windows licences?

Hello!

I found this
    online reseller
    (french website) of Microsoft software, that claims to be a certified Microsoft Partner.

He's selling very cheap licences for Windows 10 Pro, even volume
    licences for 2 PC.

I'm very suspicious about that, though customers feedback is good... What do you think?

Delvad, Sep 4, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    windows 10 Pro retail licence

Hello rahulsharmaMI

That is not true, you may use whatever version or edition of Windows 10 that suits your needs in your business, you are not breaking the End User Licence Agreement so that Pro licence will be sufficient, that reseller is just trying to sell you a more expensive
    product . . .

DaveM121, Sep 4, 2020
  4. aradne Win User

what can you expect from a licenced reseller with regard to windows 10 pro

Windows 10 Pro Licence Expiring - looking for help

I have an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m purchased from a private seller about 6 months ago in late September or early October of 2017. Within the last week I have been getting a pop-up saying that the Windows Licence is about to expire.

The seller had Windows 7 Pro running on it when I bought it and there is a Windows 7 Pro product key in the battery compartment. The seller told me that he had been running Windows 10 for a short period, but did not like it and had rolled the laptop back to Windows 7.

When I purchased it, I immediately updated it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft website. There were no issues and it has been running Windows 10 Pro without any problem for the last 6 months. I do vaguely remember however that when updating to Windows 10, the process seemed just slightly different than when I updated another laptop earlier in the year.

When I checked the Settings>Activation page now, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service" and not a digital licence as on my other laptop. I had assumed that when updating 6 months ago, I had moved to a digital licence for Windows 10. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    I downloaded the activation download tool in the first post of this thread, but it's not running properly. I can try getting it to run if you think it's necessary, but in the meantime I used Jellybean Keyfinder to look for the current Windows 10 product key. It's different from the one listed in the battery compartment for the original Windows 7 install. Keyfinder also lists the registered owner as HP and gives a blank for registered organization. It also states that Windows 10 Pro was "Installed from Volume Media".

I want to continue to run Windows 10 Pro and I would like to know my options. These are the ones I'm considering.

1. On the Settings>Activation page, go to Change Product Key and enter the Windows 7 Pro key that is listed in the battery compartment. I don't know if that will work or if it might also worsen the situation in some way.

2. Purchase a Windows 10 Pro product key from a UK ebay seller for a nominal cost and enter that product key. The seller has over 2000 highly positive reviews over several years so appears legitimate enough that it's been working for people.
    3. Is there any way to convert to a Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence at this stage?
    I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

aradne, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

what can you expect from a licenced reseller with regard to windows 10 pro

1. what can you expect from a licenced reseller with regard to windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - expect licenced reseller

2. How can I know what are the official Microsoft resellers and if the reseller has an ESD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I know what are the official Microsoft resellers and if the reseller has an ESD...: Basically what the title says I am from Portugal and I would like to know what are the official resellers in here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-know-what-are-the-official-microsoft/adafd99b-1a9d-4e30-9961-22d8039e58d2
  3. How can I know what are the official Microsoft resellers and if the reseller has an ESD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I know what are the official Microsoft resellers and if the reseller has an ESD...: Basically what the title says I am from Portugal and I would like to know what are the official resellers in here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-know-what-are-the-official-microsoft/adafd99b-1a9d-4e30-9961-22d8039e58d2
  4. Here is what you can expect from the Windows 11 version 23H2 update

in Windows 10 News
    Here is what you can expect from the Windows 11 version 23H2 update: Microsoft plans to release Windows 11 version 23H2, the new feature update for its Windows 11 operating system soon. As usual, Microsoft is not revealing the release date of the update, but the most likely scenario is that it will come out at the end of this month or in...
  5. What to expect from Windows 11 23H2?

in Windows 10 News
    What to expect from Windows 11 23H2?: Windows 11 23H2 is a major update that includes a number of new features and improvements. These new features are designed to make Windows 11 more user-friendly, efficient, and secure. Let's take a look at the update expected to arrive this fall. What's new on Windows 11...
  6. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...: I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine. We then have a machine with a Windows 10 Home OEM licence, if we upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on...
  7. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...: I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine. We then have a machine with a Windows 10 Home OEM licence, if we upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on...
  8. Xbox Series X - What You Can Expect From the Next Generation of Gaming

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Series X - What You Can Expect From the Next Generation of Gaming: The future of gaming has never been more inspiring. Creativity in games is flourishing. New services empower you to discover more games—and bring you closer to the games and creators and streamers you love. The cloud creates a massive opportunity to stream...
  9. Which is legit reseller of Win10 licence codes?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which is legit reseller of Win10 licence codes?: I'm going to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 10, and finally I find I can't upgrade directly, but only through the product key. I searched and happened to find below sites:...
  10. Here’s what you can expect from Skype on Windows over the next few months

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s what you can expect from Skype on Windows over the next few months: We had earlier reported that Microsoft is working on a new version for its Skype app for all platforms. The company rolled out a new version 8.0 of Skype app earlier in the month advising users to upgrade to the latest version since the older version 7.0 will be discontinued...