Windows 10: What capability does Windows 10 upgrade require.?

Discus and support What capability does Windows 10 upgrade require.? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; tried to upgrade with the free version some time back. I doubt my pc was the problem. It got to be a headache to get my office package to work. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LoydPuterChallenged, Nov 25, 2019.

1. What capability does Windows 10 upgrade require.?

tried to upgrade with the free version some time back. I doubt my pc was the problem. It got to be a headache to get my office package to work. It was Office 2010. MSFT said it should work. It did not, so I gave up. What does Win 10 Home require?. I have an AMD quad core, and 16 gig ram. and 1 terabyte hard disk with room for more.

:)

LoydPuterChallenged, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 25, 2019
  4. What capability does Windows 10 upgrade require.?

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

What capability does Windows 10 upgrade require.?

1. What capability does Windows 10 upgrade require.? - Similar Threads - capability does upgrade

2. Does inplace upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 require the drive to be decrypted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does inplace upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 require the drive to be decrypted?: I am trying to do in place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and keep all the apps and user data. When I execute the setup, it hanged indefinitely. I could not make it work unless I decrypt the bitlocker encrypted hard drive completely. Is this normal behavior on an in...
  3. Does inplace upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 require the drive to be decrypted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does inplace upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 require the drive to be decrypted?: I am trying to do in place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and keep all the apps and user data. When I execute the setup, it hanged indefinitely. I could not make it work unless I decrypt the bitlocker encrypted hard drive completely. Is this normal behavior on an in...
  4. Does upgrade to Windows 11 require reinstallation of apps such as Office?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does upgrade to Windows 11 require reinstallation of apps such as Office?: My PC meets the Windows 11 requirements. If I upgrade to Windows 11, will I have to reinstall programs, MS Office specifically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-upgrade-to-windows-11-require-reinstallation/bbd466fe-278f-4616-adf5-0e0d4ebe1863
  5. What is TPM and why does Windows 11 require it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is TPM and why does Windows 11 require it?: By now you may know that Microsoft's new operating system Windows 11 requires a TPM chip. But why does Windows 11 require a TPM chip, and what is its purpose. In this guide, we will provide answers to these questions. What is TPM? [ATTACH] TPM stands for Trusted Platform...
  6. Windows 10- My device does not have Bluetooth capabilities all of a sudden. What happened?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10- My device does not have Bluetooth capabilities all of a sudden. What happened?: Half an hour ago, I was playing a game using my wireless Xbox controller when suddenly everything disconnected. After troubleshooting, it said that my device does not have Bluetooth capabilities. I just want to know what happened?...
  7. What is Minimum RAM Requirement to Upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is Minimum RAM Requirement to Upgrade to Windows 10?: hello! Windows 7 was ended support on january 14th 2020 but need you 4gb ram to install Windows 10 lasest version 1909 in time [Original Title: Windows 7 ending support]...
  8. What is the extent of OneDrive capabilities?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the extent of OneDrive capabilities?: Would like to dig and get some information from us users. My thought is.... OneDrive and the extent of users capabilities, can I acces it as a Remote Desktop from my phone if the ar both active and connected to a online Internet? Can I pretty much use them as 2 different...
  9. What updates are required to upgrade Win 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What updates are required to upgrade Win 7 to 10: Does anyone have a list of the required updates to upgrade Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10? Does Microsoft? 21592
  10. What Requirements are Required for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    What Requirements are Required for Windows 10?: Does anyone know what the requirements are for Windows 10? 3657