Windows 10: What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC?

Discus and support What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have just built a workstation using the latest top of the line components (e.g. Intel 9900K, G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14, Samsung 970 Evo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by workstationuser, Feb 16, 2019.

1. What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC?

Hi, I have just built a workstation using the latest top of the line components (e.g. Intel 9900K, G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14, Samsung 970 Evo SSD). Usually the first thing I do after turning on the machine each morning is to manually update Windows. However, within 2-3 days of light using the machine, I experienced sluggust performance and system halt. Sone icons for files even did not have their name displayed. I could even see redrawing of windows and some notifications appearing slowly. What caused such poor performance? I am using Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. I have updated all the drivers from ASUS motherboard manufacturer and Intel. What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC? 3363393f-dadd-4183-a483-790379ebd178?upload=true.jpg What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC? 3a291599-0cc7-4075-b03e-20a0d20462cb?upload=true.jpg What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC? 9f58e46f-e7ca-4c5f-8469-1215af9c0b37?upload=true.jpg

:)

workstationuser, Feb 16, 2019

2. What are actual leading causes of PC sluggishness in 2017? (Facts, not myths, please!)

I define PC sluggishness as:

Carat lagging behind keystrokes by 1-10 seconds.

Apps not responding promptly to common commands such as file save, file exit.

Frequently having to wait for the spinny ring to stop spinning.

PC Sluggishness seems to occur even when Task Manager and Process Explorer show that there is no PC resource that is maxed out and when there is still plenty of room on the hard drive. These tools have not helped me to diagnose the root cause of these problems.

I'm really not looking for the same old advice (i.e. Reinstall Windows, Get more memory, Buy an SSD, or Run a Virus Scan, Disable Some Startup Programs, Buy my PC tune-up software, etc.)

I would like to know:

The specific mechanisms by which a PC becomes sluggish.

Tools that can root cause the source of the sluggishness to a specific application.

A list of apps that have been established to be culpable in causing sluggishness.

A list of specific "top fixes" for PC sluggishness.

Thanks to anyone who replies who really knows what's going on under the hood of a typical PC!

sudokuchamp, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Feb 16, 2019
  4. What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC?

1. What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC? - Similar Threads - caused such sluggish

2. sluggish pc for no reason

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sluggish pc for no reason: Over the years my PC which is 9 years old now has started to get sluggish after installing Windows 10 a while ago. a while later I changed the MBR to GPT and gave it secure boot after that my PC started to act weird when I went to advanced options to find the only option...
  3. sluggish pc for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sluggish pc for no reason: Over the years my PC which is 9 years old now has started to get sluggish after installing Windows 10 a while ago. a while later I changed the MBR to GPT and gave it secure boot after that my PC started to act weird when I went to advanced options to find the only option...
  4. sluggish pc for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC sluggish: My PC is not performing well. The apps are slow and sometimes its not responding. The computer is only 2 years old and everytime there is an update I make sure that it will install properly. I dont have problem with the driver I want my PC become reliable but it is working...
  6. PC sluggish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC sluggish: My PC is not performing well. The apps are slow and sometimes its not responding. The computer is only 2 years old and everytime there is an update I make sure that it will install properly. I dont have problem with the driver I want my PC become reliable but it is working...
  7. PC sluggish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Sluggish pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish pc: Sorry for the lame title... I have good up/down but this pc is just sluggish now. I don't know when it happened but it seems new. My wife's pc, which just got w10, is similarly sluggish. It's just not snappy like it used to be. The only thing that has changed are some...
  9. Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files: I've been experiencing a weird problem on my PC for a long time and it's driving me nuts. When I first boot it up it's fine, and as long as I don't handle any large files (like tens of gigabytes or larger), it's fine for days. But if I start copying large files from drive to...
  10. Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behavior/ sluggish after handling large files: I've been experiencing a weird problem on my PC for a long time and it's driving me nuts. When I first boot it up it's fine, and as long as I don't handle any large files (like tens of gigabytes or larger), it's fine for days. But if I start copying large files from drive to...