Windows 10: What caused the change in my startup screen during a machine boot up?

Discus and support What caused the change in my startup screen during a machine boot up? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this is not a big deal but I wanted to know what caused a change in my startup screen during the boot up of my HP laptop. I have an HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moondoggy, Nov 1, 2016.

1. moondoggy Win User

What caused the change in my startup screen during a machine boot up?

I know this is not a big deal but I wanted to know what caused a change in my startup screen during the boot up of my HP laptop.

I have an HP Pavillion laptop that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When it was Windows 7 during boot up I would see the Windows 7 logon banner during boot up and when I upgraded to Windows 10 I saw the Windows 10 boot up screen but something happened yesterday. During a shut down Windows 10 told me that I had a problem with the Master Boot Record and that I needed to fix it with a Windows Install disk. Well, I tried to follow the instructions t fix it on the internet but nothing seemed to work as everyone said it should so I gave up and did a complete hard drive restoration (i.e. all partitions) from an Acronis backup I had take a week or so ago. Now, instead of the Windows 10 banner the first thing I see is a blue circle with the HP logo on screen. I've booted to the BIOS and this BIOS doesn't have anything in it regarding an HP banner during logon and since I did a complete hard disk restore, I'm curious why things change and how. Does anyone have any thoughts>

:)

moondoggy, Nov 1, 2016
  2. slance310 Win User

How to repair boot after dual boot setup with two Windows 10?

Hi,

What probably caused your problem is a new feature called Fast Startup...

It causes boot errors and\or ChkDsk to run when switching to the other OS...

This happens because it is a hybrid Shutdown\Hibernation, and does not close out the drives like a Restart would, or a normal shutdown...

This feature only works when you do a SHUTDOWN and then Boot.

It doesn't effect a RESTART.

To turn it off or on...

Go to Control panel...Power Options, and select Choose What the Power Buttons Do on the left.

Then select Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable near the top center of screen...

Lower down on the window, uncheck Fast Startup.

Have you tried the Troubleshoot... Advanced... Startup Repair... on the same screen as the Command Prompt ?

I have had issues in which I had to do the RebuildBCD and then the Startup Repair a couple of times to get my machine to boot...

Have you tried selecting Boot Options at the POST Screen and selecting the Windows Boot ?

slance310, Nov 1, 2016
  3. wizodd Win User
    Windows 10 recovery drive doesn't recognize mouse or keyboard

I have a machine running Windows 10 which on startup tries to recover from an error, but fails. (Initial failure caused by power failure during boot.)

I can boot it from the recovery drive (USB) and it goes to the "choose your keyboard" screen.

However, it fails to recognize mice or keyboards either USB or PS2 connected. (I tried several of each.)

The machine does recognize them in normal boot (where it claims an error startup repair cannot find or repair.)

Recovery drive also works on other Windows 10 machines, correctly recognizing mice and keyboards.

Help!

wizodd, Nov 1, 2016
Thema:

What caused the change in my startup screen during a machine boot up?

1. What caused the change in my startup screen during a machine boot up? - Similar Threads - caused change startup

2. black screen during boot up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    black screen during boot up?: I was gaming on my computer a couple months ago and it just shut down out of no where. Ever since then, every time I restart or shut down and boot up my computer, it shows a black screen with a little gray rectangle on it for a little bit before it shows the Gigabyte boot...
  3. black screen during boot up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen during boot up?: I was gaming on my computer a couple months ago and it just shut down out of no where. Ever since then, every time I restart or shut down and boot up my computer, it shows a black screen with a little gray rectangle on it for a little bit before it shows the Gigabyte boot...
  4. black screen during boot up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startup Screens at boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Screens at boot up: I have a Lenovo x1 Carbon 6th gen. I just had the screen and system board replaced. When I turn on my computer the Lenovo Logo comes up giving the option to enter the bios, screen 1. Then a windows blue square comes up screen 2, then the lock screen, screen 3. So, three...
  6. Startup Screens at boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Screens at boot up: I have a Lenovo x1 Carbon 6th gen. I just had the screen and system board replaced. When I turn on my computer the Lenovo Logo comes up giving the option to enter the bios, screen 1. Then a windows blue square comes up screen 2, then the lock screen, screen 3. So, three...
  7. Stuck on Startup Repair screen on booting up my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Startup Repair screen on booting up my PC: Upon starting up my PC as I usually do, instead of being brought to the sign in screen, I was sent to a screen called “Startup Repair.” I clicked on my account and tried entering my Microsoft account password but only to be told that “The password is incorrect. Try again.” I...
  8. Screen dim during boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dim during boot up: Hey guys, on my laptop Im set to high performance, disabled power saving in my graphic properties, the issue is this When I boot my laptop Plugged in to charger, first screen is dell and second screen is the windows logo with dots and third screen is the dots and my screen...
  9. Cmd screen flashes during startup! What is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cmd screen flashes during startup! What is it?: Every now and then, during startup (when all applications are loading, etc.) I'll get a cmd prompt window that flashes for a second or two (not long enough to read/decipher what it says or what is happening) and then disappears. No idea what just loaded, started or anything....
  10. What causes popup during boot?

in Windows 10 Support
    What causes popup during boot?: [Delete During each boot-up the last few days I am getting a strange Popup window labeled "Windows Installer" what does it mean and how to fix the problem. I run memtest86 for about 25 hours and nine full cycles and all was well. The SFC and DISM did not help either....