Windows 10: What causes a black screen on a Windows 10 computer?

Discus and support What causes a black screen on a Windows 10 computer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I changed my administrator account from gmail to hotmail while I was on a call with Microsoft Support it caused a black screen why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IntenseJames, Mar 15, 2019.

1. What causes a black screen on a Windows 10 computer?

I changed my administrator account from gmail to hotmail while I was on a call with Microsoft Support it caused a black screen why?

:)

IntenseJames, Mar 15, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 15, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

What causes a black screen on a Windows 10 computer?

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

What causes a black screen on a Windows 10 computer?

1. What causes a black screen on a Windows 10 computer? - Similar Threads - causes black screen

2. What could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it...: Does anyone know what could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it.I know alot of people experience black screen too, but in my case i think its not just the chrome black screen bug, maybe my display is faulty?This problem appears fairly frequentranging from once...
  3. What could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it...: Does anyone know what could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it.I know alot of people experience black screen too, but in my case i think its not just the chrome black screen bug, maybe my display is faulty?This problem appears fairly frequentranging from once...
  4. What could be causing the black screen? And how to fix it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. nvlddmkm causing black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvlddmkm causing black screen: Nvlddmkm is causing my computer to black screen randomly. I cannot use any program without it doing this. It is event id 14. Here is what it says.The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed...
  6. What could be causing this black screen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What could be causing this black screen?: So yesterday I updated my pc as it told me there was an update available. I put the update and shutdown option and left it alone to do what it needed to. I came back 8 hours later to see the computer stuck in the screen with the windows sign which wasn't exactly rare to me...
  7. the graphics adapter causes my computer to black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the graphics adapter causes my computer to black screen: the graphic's adapter driver causes the monitor to go black when 'Iam working on the computer but i don't kno much about drivers so can u find a similar driver like this one : IntelR G41 Express Chipset Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1 and this is my computer...
  8. updating windows 10 causes black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating windows 10 causes black screen: When I try to update Windows 10 my PC never starts up and I get a black screen, if I move my mouse I can see the pointer and a loading symbol next to it. If I go into Safe Mode I can remove the last update and it fixes it. I have manually updated all my drivers and that still...
  9. Black screen spinning circle. Not way to check what's causing it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen spinning circle. Not way to check what's causing it?: Hello, so periodically my windows 10 home system will hang during boot on a black screen with a loading circle forever unless I reboot the system. I have no idea what it's even loading when it hangs, is there no option to have it post what it's initializing like windows used...
  10. Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen: The issue with the update to Windows 10 that causes the screen on my Evoo Laptop, has it been fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-that-causes-black-screen/3258f535-1f59-4f36-97f6-b60f15ae0290

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what causes a black screen on a computer