Windows 10: What Causes a failed Console Update (Xbox One)

Discus and support What Causes a failed Console Update (Xbox One) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I call upon the knowledge of those far greater than I, a lowly n00b, in all aspects. I found a listing on ebay for an xbox one x console for a low bid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrokenDaily, Jun 30, 2020.

1. What Causes a failed Console Update (Xbox One)

I call upon the knowledge of those far greater than I, a lowly n00b, in all aspects. I found a listing on ebay for an xbox one x console for a low bid price, but the caveat was the attempts to update it keep failing at 73%. I messaged the seller in question, asked him if he did a soft/factory reset on it to try and fix the update issue, if there were any noises coming from the console that shouldnt, and he says no on all counts, not even a single error code given (not from a lack of effort, just stops at 73% then and there)

I want to know, could the issue with an xbox one console (either base Xbone, Xbox One S, Xbox One X) not updating past a certain point be its internal hard drive suffering a potentially fatal error, needing to send it to whatever repair department its housed to in the mean time?

:)

BrokenDaily, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Xbox one s

Hi edblocked,

It seems that a corrupted file is affecting you to install the game on your Xbox One S console. For us to better assist you, kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you tell us when did the issue start?
    • Are you getting the same error code when trying to install other games or app on your console?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you check if your console installed the latest updates first so that we can ensure that it wasn't causing the issue. In addition, I recommend that you perform the following steps below before trying to install the app:

Steps 1: Clear the storage cache on your console.

1. Press the Menu key on your controller.
    2. Click Settings, then go to Disc & Blu-Ray.
    3. Select Persistent Storage.
    4. Click Clear Persistent Storage.

Step 2: Power cycle your Xbox One console.

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply. 
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.  
    4. Turn on your Xbox One console.

Keep us updated with the result. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Xbox one auto scrolling downwards

Hi samlloyd98,

Let's try to isolate this issue so that we could figure out what's causing your Xbox One from automatically scrolling downward. Kindly provide us the following information:

• May I know when did you notice this issue?
    • Can you tell us if you recently updated your Xbox One?
    • Does the issue occur even if the controllers are not connected to your Xbox One?

In the meantime, I recommend that you power cycle your Xbox One console by performing the following steps:

• Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button
      on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
    • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
      Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    • Plug the console power cable back in.
    • Press the Xbox buttonon your console to turn on the Xbox One.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Jun 30, 2020
  4. What Causes a failed Console Update (Xbox One)

Xbox One Game Streaming Sign In Issue

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. With the information you have provided, it seems that the console has something to do with the issue. To further isolate the issue, kindly perform the steps below on your console:

• Turn off your Xbox One console.
    • Remove all the cables on it and let it rest for 3 minutes.
    • Reconnect all the cables and turn on the console again.

After performing the steps above, kindly reset the console again and check if still does the same thing.

If the issue persists after doing the steps, we suggest that you get in touch with our Xbox Chat support for further troubleshooting steps. To contact Xbox Chat support, you may click this

link

Kindly provide us an update with any results.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

What Causes a failed Console Update (Xbox One)

1. What Causes a failed Console Update (Xbox One) - Similar Threads - Causes failed Console

2. What is causing Xbox to trigger infinite GamingServices and Xbox Identity Provider updates,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is causing Xbox to trigger infinite GamingServices and Xbox Identity Provider updates,...: Hello,I've been having major issues playing Chivalry 2 specifically through the Xbox app on PC. I'm experiencing game crashes the game just automatically closes but the PC remains fine and I've narrowed down the issue to Microsoft trying to update GamingServices and Xbox...
  3. November 2020 Xbox Console Update for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    November 2020 Xbox Console Update for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One: [ATTACH] Summary The November 2020 Xbox Console Update is beginning to roll out for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One family of devices. Xbox Series X|S owners get more dynamic background options and an Auto HDR indicator in the guide. “Optimized for...
  4. Xbox console companion

Xbox console companion: My xbox app just randomly uninstalled and i keep trying to reinstall it in the microsoft store and it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-console-companion/bbdcdd1b-03f3-4ce1-a928-b0ff55357585
  5. Xbox console companion

Xbox console companion: Hi everyone I used to be using Microsoft console companion to stream my X1S display on my laptop, but I bought Game Pass Ultimate and the Companion recommended me to download the Xbox app as I did. But the progress stuck for 2 hours and didn't move so I closed it. On one of...
  6. What is coming for Xbox One May update

in Windows 10 News
    What is coming for Xbox One May update: Our Xbox Insiders have been critical in providing the next update for Xbox One, set to release this month! Thanks to their feedback, and Xbox engineering, we’re excited to present you with a lightweight update full of improvements to your daily Xbox lives. The...
  7. xbox console companion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox console companion: i have tried litteraly everthing from command prompts to uninstalling to rebooting everything that people hvae suggested and i still cant join a party when i try to join a party i can heard my friend for a few seconds then t hey cut out...
  8. Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xbox Console Companion: Whenever I try to install the Xbox Console Companion app I keep getting an error saying that it can't be installed. I've tried everything it's just the app it self won't install. My internet is fine but, the installer just keeps saying "Couldn't install. We'll try again...
  9. Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Console Companion: CAN'T SIGN INTO Xbox Console Companion WINDOWS 10 HOME INTEL 8 CORE 3.0 GHZ 64 GIGS OF RAM 3500 NVME 1 TB 512 GIGS NVME 3500 READ 1TB SSD 2 - 8TB SEAGATE HDD...
  10. Xbox Console Companion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Console Companion: I have a problem with this link, its displayed onscreen at the start up page almost dead center. I can not click it or delete it, its on there when I go onto other programs, internet, or gaming. Please help!!???!! [IMG]...