Windows 10: what causes blue overlay icon ? (see attached image)

Discus and support what causes blue overlay icon ? (see attached image) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; what causes blue overlay icon ? (see attached image) 127018 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jansmink62, Feb 11, 2019.

1. what causes blue overlay icon ? (see attached image)

what causes blue overlay icon ? (see attached image)

:)

jansmink62, Feb 11, 2019

2. Blue check overlay Icons

How do I get rid of the double check blue box icon overlay on my photo file icons

BarreBarrett, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Icon overlays in Windows 10

Hi,

There are currently 15 slots allotted for icon overlays in the system image list of Windows 10. 4 of these are reserved for the system, and OneDrive uses 5, leaving six slots for use by other icon overlay handlers. If more than 15 icon overlays are registered
    in the system, the extra icon overlays aren't used. This limit of 15 overlay icons applies to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions about your computer.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Markg2 Win User

Odd image on desktop icons?

I've done 'something' to cause a blue >> image to overlay desktop file (not shortcut or folder) icons and (at least) all my Apple thumbnail images.

I'm attaching a screenshot of an icon for (hopefully) your identification and then my removal of the source.

Thanks

Mark
    what causes blue overlay icon ? (see attached image) 274aa924-656f-478e-8606-aebcc41371a8?upload=true.png

Markg2, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. what causes blue overlay icon ? (see attached image) - Similar Threads - causes blue overlay

2. What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons?

in Windows 10 News
    What are these 2 small blue arrow overlays which appear on desktop icons?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have noticed an icon with 2 small blue overlays, then know that it has been placed there by the Windows OS to indicate that the file or folder has been compressed to save disk space. If you are [...] This post What are these 2 small blue arrow...
  3. New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay?

in Windows 10 Customization
    New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay?: My shortcuts all have a new double blue arrow overlay since upgrading to Windows 10565. None of my older fixes (reg edits, etc) seem to work getting rid of this new visual change. Any Ideas Kevin 26212
  4. What's wrong with WDefender? Image attached for more info...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What's wrong with WDefender? Image attached for more info...: I open up Defender and it looks like the attached image. Clicking on the shield or heart causes it to crash (even tried the sidebar buttons): [img] What's wrong with it? I just had 2 updates last night (KB4038788 and KB4038806), but I don't think they had anything to do...
  5. Calculator app attaches to Computer icon on taskbar (see screenshot)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator app attaches to Computer icon on taskbar (see screenshot): When I open the calculator app, for some reason it associates with the Computer icon on the task bar instead of the calculator app's own icon. Why? [img] 87082
  6. Disable Info/Bubble poup - See attached image

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Info/Bubble poup - See attached image: Can anyone help me find info on how to disable the INFOTIPs or BUBBLE POPUPs as seen in the images above? I've already made changes to the registry under: >hkey_current_user/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/explorer/advanced/showinfotip Changed value to 0 and...
  7. What causes the delay on changing icons on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    What causes the delay on changing icons on the taskbar?: Hey, So I've got some pinned icons on my Win 10 taskbar, such as Chrome, Notepad++, file explorer etc. I go to change the Chrome icon and it doesn't change on the taskbar like it did with W7. But sometime later, unsure when, could have been after a restart or after waking...
  8. Opening image attachments

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening image attachments: Hi, when i open and image from an email, windows 10 opens the pictures folder and then the attachment. This is so annoying, does anyone have a solution to this. Thanks Becky 15632
  9. Icon overlay limit in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon overlay limit in windows 10?: As you may be aware of, windows 7 and windows 8 only allows for 15 icon overlays to be used by such programs as: — Dropbox — Tortoise SVN — Mega I wonder if this limit has been increased in windows 10? Reference: Windows 8 Max Overlay Icons 7177
  10. overlay on notification icon

in Windows 10 Support
    overlay on notification icon: Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1511 [img] Anyone know what that circled bar is trying to tell me, there were no outstanding notifications in Action Centre pop-out. After a while I noticed it had it disappeared. As I'm writing this, I might have figured what it was....